Hendriks Really Wants to Play for TLR

Texsox

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What are Boomer antics ? Is this some kind of slight against over 70M people in the US aged 57-75 ? Is everything they do or say some kind of slight to people Tim's age ?

It's one thing to speak out against an individual but to disrespect a whole generation is another.

I have seen your comments in the past with your "OK Boomer" responses. It's starting to smell like the guy who speaks out against injustice has his own issues with being just.

lol, OK Boo... wait.  

The whole TLR persona of everything idealized about the 1950s.  If you aren't succeeding, you aren't trying hard enough.  Everything is better the old way.  Players have to conform to cookie cutter roles.  Show too much personality, and you are bad for the game.  Politics and sports are some how separate.  Baseball's unwritten rules.  Failure just means you haven't been beaten enough.  Players should be seen and not heard, especially if they were going to violate those unwritten rules.

This generation of baseball should be dead and buried.  It is 2021.  Let the 20th century's style of baseball go Tony.

• Thanks 1

I know there is unlimited job security in the White Sox organization, but you'd have to imagine Hahn will think hard about leaving this organization if a good offer comes up. I think he definitely leaves once this competitive window is shut.

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I know there is unlimited job security in the White Sox organization, but you'd have to imagine Hahn will think hard about leaving this organization if a good offer comes up. I think he definitely leaves once this competitive window is shut.

Can't say I blame him. Imagine having the chance rebuild an organization from the ground up and then having the power to hire the manager you want.

55 minutes ago, ron883 said:

If Hahn wanted to leave, there's probably jobs this year he could have gotten. IIRC, the Phillies asked to interview him and were turned down - whether they were turned down by Hahn or management we never found out.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If Hahn wanted to leave, there's probably jobs this year he could have gotten. IIRC, the Phillies asked to interview him and were turned down - whether they were turned down by Hahn or management we never found out.

I almost wonder if he is waiting on the Cubs.

28 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He can do better than the Phillies.

There are 30 of these jobs in the universe. I doubt Hahns track record would give him the ability to pick and choose.  If he wants to be a GM it will be of the White Sox. You could tell he was a little off back at the LaRussa press conference.  Really most in his spot probably would be. But he will get over it if he hasn't.  Just about everyone has had a boss overrule or step on your toes. Sometimes it works out and sometimes the boss should have just let you do your job. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

There are 30 of these jobs in the universe. I doubt Hahns track record would give him the ability to pick and choose.  If he wants to be a GM it will be of the White Sox. You could tell he was a little off back at the LaRussa press conference.  Really most in his spot probably would be. But he will get over it if he hasn't.  Just about everyone has had a boss overrule or step on your toes. Sometimes it works out and sometimes the boss should have just let you do your job. 

And how he handles this will have an impact if or when he interviews with one of the other 29 people that controls those jobs.