Next year’s free agent class

caulfield12

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/predicting-next-offseasons-top-10-mlb-free-agents-shortstops-lead-list-noah-syndergaard-is-best-starter/

Conforto, Syndegaard (sincerely doubt this one) and J.Gray (he of the 6.69 ERA) look like top targets, but pretty bleak unless a lot of opt-outs occur or options are declined.

Jose Ramirez could be available, but mo way he ends up with the White Sox.

Since Thor is high volatility like Kopech, that route is closed if he has a huge year because he will become the top of the market.

Not that many directions for the White Sox to add those final 2-3 “finishing pieces” without taking on salary.

At this point, the competitive window is at the mercy of incoming revenues that won’t impact the Dodgers, Padres, Yankees, Braves (well, to an extent) and the Mets.   That’s the competition, with the Blue Jays charging quickly from behind.

Edited by caulfield12

Bryant could definitely be a fit in RF and I don't know why the Sox would be out on any of the available SS other than the front office is allergic to building depth. Semien and Simmons both are signed to one year deals this year on top of the 4 listed in this article. If Madrigal can up his ISO closer to .100 then I would be fine passing on adding another middle infielder, but if he's the same guy as last year I would see what type of value you can get for a slap hitter under team control for 5 years in a trade.