Spring Training thread

southsider2k5

11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Oh no. Many feathers will be rustled by that tweet. Everyone wants to leave the organization because of TLR. Why would TA lie and say things that are 100 percent false? Was TA coerced into making that statement? 

How unsatisfied will you be if no feathers are ruffled? Sure sounds like you’re trying to force the issue here.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Oh no. Many feathers will be rustled by that tweet. Everyone wants to leave the organization because of TLR. Why would TA lie and say things that are 100 percent false? Was TA coerced into making that statement? 

Timmy is a key guy too.  Hopefully it lasts.

18 minutes ago, Snopek said:

How unsatisfied will you be if no feathers are ruffled? Sure sounds like you’re trying to force the issue here.

Exactly. I believe everyone here wants the players to be comfortable and accepted, regardless of whether we support the hire or not. If his DUI and other discussed issues resulted in positive personal reflection and growth, than kudos to Tony for committing to change at this stage in life.

Baseball is a grind and despite COVID based restrictions on media access, players can still communicate directly with the public. Beyond a crazy blowup, the truth good or bad will emerge over time. I expect Tim to be candid via his personal social media in either case, and hope for the best.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Lol yeah right. Reading this board and Twitter is full of TLR hate and posts about JR screwing Hahn over etc. Nice try though. 

What if I told you all of that is true, AND people still want to see the team win.  I know it is difficult, but it is possible.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Lol yeah right. Reading this board and Twitter is full of TLR hate and posts about JR screwing Hahn over etc. Nice try though. 

I know the TLR hate exists. We were (I thought) talking specifically about people reacting to TA’s quote in the way you described. I’ve yet to see anyone react that way on this board. Sorry it hasn’t happened for you yet.

Oh, and yeah, being critical of TLR/JR + being happy that TA is on board: Not mutually exclusive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

What if I told you all of that is true, AND people still want to see the team win.  I know it is difficult, but it is possible.

Yea but you'd agree the vitriol and how will TA ever get over this hire stuff was way over the top no?  As I said 4 months ago or whatever people like TA and TLR don't get to the top of their profession by being wilting flowers.  These guys are leaders of men and will hash out their differences in pursuit of a common goal and that's winning.  Just win baby.  As long as the club wins, nobody will care about any sort of off field drama involving the hire -- and this team is in a position to win a lot of games in the Central. 

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Exactly. I believe everyone here wants the players to be comfortable and accepted, regardless of whether we support the hire or not. If his DUI and other discussed issues resulted in positive personal reflection and growth, than kudos to Tony for committing to change at this stage in life.

Baseball is a grind and despite COVID based restrictions on media access, players can still communicate directly with the public. Beyond a crazy blowup, the truth good or bad will emerge over time. I expect Tim to be candid via his personal social media in either case, and hope for the best.

Come on. You’re acting like there haven’t been hundreds if not thousands of frothing at the mouth anti La Russa posts in which one of the primary arguments is he is going to tear the clubhouse apart because he’s incapable of getting along with black players, the primary support for which was that Ron Gant didn’t like him thirty years ago.

Edited by Vulture
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Come on. You’re acting like there haven’t been hundreds if not thousands of frothing at the mouth anti La Russa posts in which one of the primary arguments is he is going to tear the clubhouse apart because he’s incapable of getting along with black players, the primary support for which was that Ron Gant didn’t like him thirty years ago.

No, but sure.  Just go with it.

• Thanks 1