2) Adam Eaton, RF
3) José Abreu, 1B
4) Yoán Moncada, 3B
5) Yasmani Grandal, C
6) Luis Robert, CF
7) Zack Collins, DH
😎 Andrew Vaughn, LF
9) Nick Madrigal, 2B

I’m assuming he’s talking about TLR’s comment yesterday saying he would choose Leury to start in LF if he had to decide at that moment (but Vaughn will be in the lineup)

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

La Russa said Vaughn will be in the lineup but he’s leaning Leury for LF

this would be sad if that's the real long term plan was still for Vaughn to be DH.  One game, idc about.I am okay not having 2 rookies (vaughn and Collins) in the lineup on opening day together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 4:30 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm excited about the team.

I'm not acting as if Rodon has suddenly figured it all out and is going to flourish. 

Rodon's problem has and always will be health. Arm health really isn't related to conditioning; you can either handle the motion or you can't. Rodon has been an all-arm thrower for a long time who has utilized a slider (bad on arm) more than most traditional pitchers. He was overused at NC State (a concern coming out of college) and he's been unable to maintain health and his delivery in the big leagues. Expecting a guy in his 7th year of MLB baseball to suddenly turn it all around after suffering from arm injury after arm injury is just a hope and a dream IMO. Rodon has looked unhittable MANY times in his big league career; times where the games actually counted. That has not been his problem. The fact is, most players are who they are, especially at 28 years old. If he stays healthy, he'll be fine and serviceable but I certainly wouldn't bet on Carlos Rodon to throw over 160 innings this year. Would you? 

Edit; Oh and if you need a wake up call as a professional athlete at 28 years old to "start trying harder" then you legit don't have what it takes to be an elite professional athlete. There's no switch you can turn on.

To the person bumping this post after the no-no, no where does it say Rodon is bad. It clearly says Rodon will be fine if he stays healthy, but the big question with Carlos is health. It's April 15th. I'm rooting for Carlos as much as anyone to stay healthy, but let's not celebrate the guys season in the middle of April. The problem with trusting Rodon is trusting his arm to hold up over 160+ innings (as I clearly wrote here). 

I hope more than anything he stays healthy, and consistent. This type of performance has ALWAYS been something Carlos was capable of when healthy, I say that right in the post. I'm happy for the guy after all he's gone through, but I'm not ready to celebrate his season on April 15th.

• Thanks 1