Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Spring Training thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

Collins just shat his pants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Pretty damning quote. Just tells you the quality of free agent they try to engage.

"Hey, have other teams noticed that a lot of these free agents don't have in-home wifi and have to do Zoom interviews from public libraries?  No?  It's just us?  Cool"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Have y'all seen this? 🤣

Yoan Music Video

lol

 

Now we know how he got covid.

I hope he has a big year to back the video up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 weeks til opening day!

Actually, opening night. The Sox have a grand total of three games that start after 9pm. Games 1, 5, and 6 of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flavum said:

6 weeks til opening day!

Actually, opening night. The Sox have a grand total of three games that start after 9pm. Games 1, 5, and 6 of the season.

Wait really?  None of the other  A's, Seattle or Angels games start after 9?  That's awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Wait really?  None of the other  A's, Seattle or Angels games start after 9?  That's awesome

It appears that the Angels' standard start times are 6:38 on weeeknights and 6:07 on weekends. Opening night is 7:05 because of TV. The first two Seattle games are 7:05 local but the last game is a getaway day game. The first two Oakland games are 6:40 local with the finale being a getaway day game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, flavum said:

6 weeks til opening day!

Actually, opening night. The Sox have a grand total of three games that start after 9pm. Games 1, 5, and 6 of the season.

As an East Coaster, I can't tell you how happy this makes me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

As an East Coaster, I can't tell you how happy this makes me. 

Me too. Just wish the sox home games would start at like 6:10 instead of 7:10 central

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Me too. Just wish the sox home games would start at like 6:10 instead of 7:10 central

Back in the day of red uniforms and an astroturf infield, they started the night games at 8 pm. The problem with the 6 pm games is the lighting.  Maybe the new LED lights change that. I don't know, but they sure did make a huge difference when it got dark.

Edited by Dick Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dick Allen said:

Back in the day of red uniforms and an astroturf infield, they started the night games at 8 pm.

That’s wild. I do remember 7:35 starts back in the day (for me). Pace of play has changed things. 6:40 for some games would be a good thing. I think it would be appealing to a lot of people that are thinking about what time they’re getting in bed by the time they get home. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn is number 33. Numbers are up on the roster pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

"Hey, have other teams noticed that a lot of these free agents don't have in-home wifi and have to do Zoom interviews from public libraries?  No?  It's just us?  Cool"

 

Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Back in the day of red uniforms and an astroturf infield, they started the night games at 8 pm. The problem with the 6 pm games is the lighting.  Maybe the new LED lights change that. I don't know, but they sure did make a huge difference when it got dark.

Eh, they could do it. They usually have 6:00 start times on Saturdays I believe. it probably has to do with when they think the most people are back home from work, finished dinner, kids winding down from the day, etc. But I have noticed more and more teams are trending toward earlier start times, probably due to games lasting longer. The more interesting parts of the game usually is the 5th inning and later anyway.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 1:39 PM, DoUEvenShift said:

Can it read 0.22?

Oh, I just got it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Finally

 

Clark, Narron, and Duncan are taking Luis Gonzalez, Zack Collins, and Yermin Mercedes numbers, but they didn’t update the roster for them. 17, 21, 25, and 32 are open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Back in the day of red uniforms and an astroturf infield, they started the night games at 8 pm. The problem with the 6 pm games is the lighting.  Maybe the new LED lights change that. I don't know, but they sure did make a huge difference when it got dark.

Forgot about the LED lights. Wonder how it'll be inside the park with them this year.

And they start at 7pm to allow the crowd to get off work and get to the stadium on time. Hawks moved their start times from 7 to 7:30 for this reason a couple seasons ago. Doesn't matter much on Saturdays hence the 6pm starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flavum said:

Clark, Narron, and Duncan are taking Luis Gonzalez, Zack Collins, and Yermin Mercedes numbers, but they didn’t update the roster for them. 17, 21, 25, and 32 are open.

Gonzalez 17, Collins 21, Mercedes 73

Vaughn 25 would look sharp, but we know...

Edited by flavum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Gonzalez 17, Collins 21, Mercedes 73

Vaughn 25 would look sharp, but we know...

I want 99 for Vaughn

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Forgot about the LED lights. Wonder how it'll be inside the park with them this year.

And they start at 7pm to allow the crowd to get off work and get to the stadium on time. Hawks moved their start times from 7 to 7:30 for this reason a couple seasons ago. Doesn't matter much on Saturdays hence the 6pm starts.

My favorite was the 7:11 game times. They made million$ off of that deal. Not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I want 99 for Vaughn

Don Cooper changed from 99 back to 21 last year just in case, so that’s probably happening. I’m just not the flashy baseball number kinda dude. If Luis Robert went from 88 to 44 and said it was for Hank Aaron, I’d be very happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pcq said:

My favorite was the 7:11 game times. They made million$ off of that deal. Not.

I think they got half a million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fathom said:

I want 99 for Vaughn

I think he said about a year ago that he wants 99.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, flavum said:

Gonzalez 17, Collins 21, Mercedes 73

Vaughn 25 would look sharp, but we know...

Dang, now I want a Mercedes jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×