Spring Training thread

southsider2k5

I wouldn’t expect younger, high-risk, high-ceiling guys to make the list.  With AAA starting in April and everyone else starting in May, you really have to limit who’s hanging around the complex. Note that the younger guys who got an invite are mostly big bonus guys.  Hence Cespedes and not Bailey.  Also, Cespedes and Sanchez are both older.  Sucks, cuz I’d like to see them, but it makes sense.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He should do the drill where you throw rocks into the water from a boat.  Gain some confidence in hitting the target.

I remember an old saying about "he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn." Ahh those old sayings from back when there were a lot of farms. Of course I grew up in the inner city . Houses so close together u could put your feet and hands on each wall and climb your way up.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I remember an old saying about "he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn." Ahh those old sayings from back when there were a lot of farms. Of course I grew up in the inner city . Houses so close together u could put your feet and hands on each wall and climb your way up.

I think the term you're looking for is: "He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat!" 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think the term you're looking for is: "He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat!" 

No that's the term Chitownsportsfan was looking for when he said throw some rocks into the water from a boat. Mine was just an older saying meaning the same thing.

• Like 1