Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Spring Training thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

That seems premature.  He didn’t even know he had it, like most people.  

Sounds like Jose had a very mild case.  Thankfully.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 9:38 AM, bmags said:

image.png

I saw a version of these at HS bowling tournaments all the time. Except they just the box part. They didn't have the weird plastic cup looking things sticking out. Most people would decorate them with the school colors. Pretty cool actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

I saw a version of these at HS bowling tournaments all the time. Except they just the box part. They didn't have the weird plastic cup looking things sticking out. Most people would decorate them with the school colors. Pretty cool actually.

I made one of these for a school science fair as a kid using quart milk cartons and 4 small mirrors. I forget how old I was . Probably 10 or so but I don't remember if it actually worked because I couldn't line up the mirrors properly or cut them down to size to get the angles right to make it work . It worked in theory but the execution was lacking .

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports indicate Sheets has been adjusting to OF nicely. Wouldn't it be great if he turned into a legit corner OF'er ? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flash said:

Reports indicate Sheets has been adjusting to OF nicely. Wouldn't it be great if he turned into a legit corner OF'er ? 

It would be nice to have a legit in house option emerge from somewhere.  A few years ago you'd have figured one of the pile of Sheets, Walker, Micker, Basabe and Rutherford would be a decent MLB player.  So far crickets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Babyface Lopez again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It would be nice to have a legit in house option emerge from somewhere.  A few years ago you'd have figured one of the pile of Sheets, Walker, Micker, Basabe and Rutherford would be a decent MLB player.  So far crickets.

I agree.  Hopefully Cespedes can become a major league regular at the very least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Micker has a good chance. He’s just been waylayed. Actually all those still have a chance albeit with other teams in a couple of those cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Is Evan Katz Ethan's brother?

Dave Duncan's Son?

 

He corrected in a follow up tweet that he meant Ethan, and Shelly Duncan is the analytics coordinator for the Sox now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It would be nice to have a legit in house option emerge from somewhere.  A few years ago you'd have figured one of the pile of Sheets, Walker, Micker, Basabe and Rutherford would be a decent MLB player.  So far crickets.

Don’t forget LuGon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×