Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Spring Training thread

11 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

That seems premature.  He didn’t even know he had it, like most people.  

Sounds like Jose had a very mild case.  Thankfully.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 9:38 AM, bmags said:

image.png

I saw a version of these at HS bowling tournaments all the time. Except they just the box part. They didn't have the weird plastic cup looking things sticking out. Most people would decorate them with the school colors. Pretty cool actually.

7 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

I saw a version of these at HS bowling tournaments all the time. Except they just the box part. They didn't have the weird plastic cup looking things sticking out. Most people would decorate them with the school colors. Pretty cool actually.

I made one of these for a school science fair as a kid using quart milk cartons and 4 small mirrors. I forget how old I was . Probably 10 or so but I don't remember if it actually worked because I couldn't line up the mirrors properly or cut them down to size to get the angles right to make it work . It worked in theory but the execution was lacking .

• Haha 2

Reports indicate Sheets has been adjusting to OF nicely. Wouldn't it be great if he turned into a legit corner OF'er ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

Reports indicate Sheets has been adjusting to OF nicely. Wouldn't it be great if he turned into a legit corner OF'er ? 

It would be nice to have a legit in house option emerge from somewhere.  A few years ago you'd have figured one of the pile of Sheets, Walker, Micker, Basabe and Rutherford would be a decent MLB player.  So far crickets.

• Like 1

Babyface Lopez again.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It would be nice to have a legit in house option emerge from somewhere.  A few years ago you'd have figured one of the pile of Sheets, Walker, Micker, Basabe and Rutherford would be a decent MLB player.  So far crickets.

I agree.  Hopefully Cespedes can become a major league regular at the very least. 

I still think Micker has a good chance. He’s just been waylayed. Actually all those still have a chance albeit with other teams in a couple of those cases.

10 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Is Evan Katz Ethan's brother?

Dave Duncan's Son?

He corrected in a follow up tweet that he meant Ethan, and Shelly Duncan is the analytics coordinator for the Sox now.

14 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Don’t forget LuGon.