Only JR knew of new TLR DUI upon interview and hire

southsider2k5

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't imagine  working this hard to carry water for Jerry Reinsdorf.  Pass.

I don't carry water, whine incessantly,  or shoot flames out my ass. I just want to enjoy the game and focus on baseball and the new season.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, tray said:

I don't carry water, whine incessantly,  or shoot flames out my ass. I just want to enjoy the game and focus on baseball and the new season.

So do it.  Hopefully you aren't so worried about what everyone else is thinking that is affects your enjoyment of the game.

I'm so excited about this team and I go through periods where I honestly forget they hired LaRussa. I don't know how I keep doing it but it's almost like I can't fully comprehend this ridiculous hire. Even past the DUI stuff: age (why would he want to put himself through this at almost 80? The JR special of hiring guys who don't even want the job lol), hasn't managed in almost a decade, already in the HoF, etc. 

The good news is the team should be good enough to where it's hard for him fuck it up.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

There it is. If you hate this hire, you are cheering for him to fail. But because he is the manager we all have to like it.

Those 500 replies are too easy. 

I am not insinuating that I like the hire in fact I don’t but I think bitching about it for months while rooting for the team you love is a waste of time and energy. Let’s see what happens I am not rooting for him to fail because that means the team fails. 

4 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Having multiple DUIs is very different than having one, and being in a high profile job or driving as part of your job makes having the DUIs different as well. This is a sign that the ownership really doesn't care about the fans, and they don't really deserve having the fans care about them.

I will watch on TV and want the players to succeed, but I won't be buying tickets or merchandise so long as TLR is employed by the team.

Not even a La Russa .08 jersey to wear to the park?

Perhaps fans can "move on" if the club actually provided honest answers to their fan base.

1. What changed between Age 75 and 76 for Boomer Silent Generation and 9 10 years removed from the dugout Tony La Russa, for Jerry to completely flip from his statement Tony La Russa cannot relate to young players and has no reason to return to managing? 
  2. How committed is Tony LaRussa to fulfilling his role as manager, after his statement he would not have returned if he had to give up his get out of arrest/jail ring HOF credentials?
  3. Tony has avoided all managerial media responsibilities since his hiring, including MLB's Winter Meetings where every other GM and Manager was available, and was 90 minutes late for his first scheduled appearance since the Winter Meetings. Is Tony physically and mentally capable and willing to fulfill the responsibilities of a ML manager?
  4. What are Kenny Williams, Rick Hahn and Tony La Russa's current roles and authority levels? Also, what information regarding the managerial search was Rick Hahn provided prior to his public statements of the managerial search criteria during the recently extended Rick Renteria firing press conference?
  5. What time after Tony La Russa's latest publicly known DUI arrest did Jerry Reinsdorf decide to hire Tony La Russa, and at what point did Jerry disclose to his "family", i.e. Kenny Williams and Rick Hahn the fact that Tony has once again been arrested for DUI.
  6. Has the club compensated and or apologized to Willie Harris for the farcical interview process to comply with the Bud Selig minority candidate rule?
  7. The White Sox issued a statement regarding a Tony LaRussa "third strike" for DUI arrests. What is the White Sox' interpretation of his current strike count (0 as in 0 with the team, 1 as in actual convictions after plea bargains, or 2 as in the number of publicly known DUI arrests?

"Managing, it just takes an awful lot out of you. There's nothing else for him to accomplish. You know, he's won three World Series, and uh, he's in the Hall of Fame. And so, there's no reason for him to go back to managing,  and have to try to deal with people 22 years old when you're 75 years old." - Jerry Reinsdorf on Tony LaRussa, February 2020

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Having multiple DUIs is very different than having one, and being in a high profile job or driving as part of your job makes having the DUIs different as well. This is a sign that the ownership really doesn't care about the fans, and they don't really deserve having the fans care about them.

I will watch on TV and want the players to succeed, but I won't be buying tickets or merchandise so long as TLR is employed by the team.

TV is mlb’s primary form of merchandise though. Better cancel your cable subscription

On 2/17/2021 at 4:55 PM, VAfan said:

Who cares?  What is done is done. 

I suppose some people will whine about this after every Sox loss, saying "I told you so" ad nauseum. 

I am not the only Sox fan who thinks the hiring of TLR was a good thing, especially if the main alternative was hiring AJ Hinch who oversaw a cheating team that he said he couldn't do anything about.  That's a baseball problem of significant magnitude. TLR screwed up, for sure, but it didn't have anything to do with baseball or his ability to manage. 

TLR is a great manager.  He's on par with any manager in the game today.  

you have no idea how good of a manager he is. he hasn't managed in a decade, and he's also an elderly man with a drinking problem, take off the rose tinted glasses.  ffs

• Thanks 1

I  mean the biggest problem besides hiring a two time felon and trusting him not to be a felon again, is the Sox have totally gamed the fans on this topic.  At the beginning they hid behind the legal process and kept saying they wouldn't talk about it until the legal process happened.  Then the legal process happened and nothing was really said.  Now that we are to spring training with nothing said, Rick Hahn is out there saying this was all 4 or 5 months ago and isn't worth talking about.  The topic hasn't gone away because the Sox still are avoiding the topic.  So instead of having one bloody press conference, or god forbid, doing the right thing here, we are getting death by a thousand cuts and we get a piece of a rumor here, and a bit of story there, and it just keeps going because the team refuses to be in front of the entire story.  It is obvious they view it as the fans can go f*** themselves, and just need to deal with it, otherwise they wouldn't keep insulting our intelligence by pretending to take this whole thing seriously.  Their strategy is quite literally to pretend it doesn't exist and just to wait until people quit talking about it.  So instead we are now months down the road, and it isn't going away.  The same people are pissed and insulted, and the team is publicly saying that it doesn't matter, and they don't care.

This is the Chicago White Sox fault, and it will keep going until they acknowledge the drunken elephant in the dugout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

I'm so excited about this team and I go through periods where I honestly forget they hired LaRussa. I don't know how I keep doing it but it's almost like I can't fully comprehend this ridiculous hire. Even past the DUI stuff: age (why would he want to put himself through this at almost 80? The JR special of hiring guys who don't even want the job lol), hasn't managed in almost a decade, already in the HoF, etc. 

The good news is the team should be good enough to where it's hard for him fuck it up.

Having the most Top 100 guys was completely Jerry's fault. He could have spent a couple billion and put us over the top so to speak.

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I  mean the biggest problem besides hiring a two time felon and trusting him not to be a felon again, is the Sox have totally gamed the fans on this topic.  At the beginning they hid behind the legal process and kept saying they wouldn't talk about it until the legal process happened.  Then the legal process happened and nothing was really said.  Now that we are to spring training with nothing said, Rick Hahn is out there saying this was all 4 or 5 months ago and isn't worth talking about.  The topic hasn't gone away because the Sox still are avoiding the topic.  So instead of having one bloody press conference, or god forbid, doing the right thing here, we are getting death by a thousand cuts and we get a piece of a rumor here, and a bit of story there, and it just keeps going because the team refuses to be in front of the entire story.  It is obvious they view it as the fans can go f*** themselves, and just need to deal with it, otherwise they wouldn't keep insulting our intelligence by pretending to take this whole thing seriously.  Their strategy is quite literally to pretend it doesn't exist and just to wait until people quit talking about it.  So instead we are now months down the road, and it isn't going away.  The same people are pissed and insulted, and the team is publicly saying that it doesn't matter, and they don't care.

This is the Chicago White Sox fault, and it will keep going until they acknowledge the drunken elephant in the dugout.

Every Sox season demands a new team slogan. Weekend At Tony's is my nominee.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What more do you want them to say?  They’ve made him accessible to the media now, as he was on with Kaplan for 20 minutes today.

40 minutes ago, fathom said:

What more do you want them to say?  They’ve made him accessible to the media now, as he was on with Kaplan for 20 minutes today.

Thanks for the heads up. Just listened. Good interview. Going to be a fun, interesting season and I think he'll do a great job. 

Buried behind a paywall is an Athletic article that TLR claims he was upfront about his SECOND DUI early in the interview process and told all three of these guys. Someone is lying and covering their asses. Hahn and Williams aren't going anywhere because they are as guilty as JR in this bullshit. 

Some confusion emerged from the combination of the report and La Russa’s news conference Wednesday evening. La Russa reiterated that he came forward about his DUI arrest to Reinsdorf early in the interview process, subsequently spoke to Hahn and executive vice president Kenny Williams about it, and did not presume to know anything more about the internal communication between ownership and the front office other than their decision to stick with him, for which he was grateful and enthused. Publicly and privately, the Sox front office has declined to further clarify. That didn’t change Wednesday, reinforcing the conclusion La Russa deduced: they all are intent on moving forward.

https://theathletic.com/2395134/2021/02/18/white-sox-tony-la-russa-rick-hahn-mlb/ for those of you with subscriptions. BTW, if you are on T-Mobile they offer free subs it seems like every year. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Buried behind a paywall is an Athletic article that TLR claims he was upfront about his SECOND DUI early in the interview process and told all three of these guys. Someone is lying and covering their asses. Hahn and Williams aren't going anywhere because they are as guilty as JR in this bullshit. 

https://theathletic.com/2395134/2021/02/18/white-sox-tony-la-russa-rick-hahn-mlb/ for those of you with subscriptions. BTW, if you are on T-Mobile they offer free subs it seems like every year. 

This is exactly the crap I am talking about.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is exactly the crap I am talking about.

This reminds me of buying a car and having your friendly sales person who is "on your side" take your offer and fight the sales manager. Those three are thick as thieves. 

31 minutes ago, Texsox said:

This reminds me of buying a car and having your friendly sales person who is "on your side" take your offer and fight the sales manager. Those three are thick as thieves. 

Their job is to put a winning club on the field.  This year, I don't care if JR shits in my mouth, metaphorically, by hiring his drinking buddy, lying about it, and then covering up the lies because as a fan?  Just win baby and this squad on paper is loaded.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Bernstein and Rahimi tried to unpack the timeline via their CSI segment using audio from the three involved in this week's story who spoke to the media since Bob's story broke: 

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/podcasts/bernstein-rahimi-show-65/bernstein-rahimi-csi-white-sox-hour-1-357325382

• 9:00: Hahn's indignant response to Danny Parkin's question regarding the DUI disclosure timeline reported earlier in the day by Nightengale.
  • 11:20: Bob Nightengale's comments and at times backtracking from his article.
  • 18:30: Tony La Russa's bizarre analogy of driving a car into a ditch. (Seriously WTF).
  • 20:30: Tony's response to who knew what and when, and how he has and will approach his team "family". These comments were the most sincere among all clips, with only one major omission (Tony said he spoke with Kenny and Hahn "after they knew", but did not disclose if this was before or after October 29).

Setting aside the numerous problems with the hire, the most frustrating aspect of all this is the fact that it seems intentional for the Sox to intentionally screw up and piss off their fans, when the smarter and easier path would be just to do the right thing. They could have hired several legitimate quality managers meeting Hahn's proposed criteria if they felt they needed to move on from the manager they just extended and led the team to an unexpected .583 record with 2 starting pitchers and Everyday Cordero.

All the talk this off-season and spring training would be on excitement for the upcoming season and beyond. They created this mess, their stonewalling and Jerry's continued leaks to Bob Nigtengale (seriously, just STFU already) have created new issues now four months after the hire, and nobody is happy. The only thing keeping many fans going are watching the positive changes with the Bulls after Jerry ceased day to day control, and his crony hires from decades ago were shown the door, replaced by a competent, professional FO and head coach.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Their job is to put a winning club on the field.  This year, I don't care if JR shits in my mouth, metaphorically, by hiring his drinking buddy, lying about it, and then covering up the lies because as a fan?  Just win baby and this squad on paper is loaded.

This squad might be equal to last year's which grabbed the 7th seed. 

• Like 1