Jace Fry to DL

southsider2k5

Not to say that this is inherently the wrong decision, but if an injury to Jace Fry helped push them in this direction instead of giving Justin Wilson $4 million or something then what was even the point of the rebuild?

Also, thank god they DFA'd Ross Detwiler for some reason last year and decided not to bring him back.

Edited by TomPickle
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Not to say that this is inherently the wrong decision, but if an injury to Jace Fry helped push them in this direction instead of giving Justin Wilson $4 million or something then what was even the point of the rebuild?

Also, thank god they DFA'd Ross Detwiler for some reason last year and decided not to bring him back.

It is the wrong decision. idiots.

14 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Are we sure Morosi won't follow up that tweet with a corrected one saying the exact opposite ?

• Haha 1

Jace Fry? Seriously? 

Wow, will we hear "the sky is falling" for every little nick a White Sox player receives this year?  Or "they should have ...... done XYZ"?  

The Sox will have injuries, as will every major league team. They will manage around them. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VAfan said:

Jace Fry? Seriously? 

Wow, will we hear "the sky is falling" for every little nick a White Sox player receives this year?  Or "they should have ...... done XYZ"?  

The Sox will have injuries, as will every major league team. They will manage around them. 

The only hyperbole on this thread comes from your post, some stupid bullshit that adds nothing to the discussion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

38 minutes ago, VAfan said:

Jace Fry? Seriously? 

That's kind of the point of signing extra arms and having good ones ready to come up from the minors. 

It's a weak argument to attack a position rather than the actual thought process behind it. Anyone can simply discredit an argument by wording it broadly and putting quotes around it like a strawman. 

As someone who is currently suffering with extreme sciatic nerve pain, I hope this guy can get this taken care of.  That kind of pain can sideline anyone, excruciating. Mine was easily a 10 on the pain scale, missed 3 days straight of work with little progression at all. Ended up having to work through it, I looked like a 40 year old in an 80 year olds body 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

As someone who is currently suffering with extreme sciatic nerve pain, I hope this guy can get this taken care of.  That kind of pain can sideline anyone, excruciating. Mine was easily a 10 on the pain scale, missed 3 days straight of work with little progression at all. Ended up having to work through it, I looked like a 40 year old in an 80 year olds body 

Been there. Sorry man that sucks. I'm sure you've heard lots of different ways to get it better. Physical therapy worked wonders for me. 

One of friends (around 50 ) has sciatica and eventually had surgery. The extreme pain came back in less than 2 years. He is average weight but can't do much to condition himself because he can't exercise without pain. It is a vicious circle.  Right now he is reticent to have a second back surgery even though has some really bad days where he can barely walk. 

Personally I am more concerned about this as a possible chronic pain problem for Jace Fry  than I am with whether he can pitch again.

2 hours ago, tray said:

One of friends (around 50 ) has sciatica and eventually had surgery. The extreme pain came back in less than 2 years. He is average weight but can't do much to condition himself because he can't exercise without pain. It is a vicious circle.  Right now he is reticent to have a second back surgery even though has some really bad days where he can barely walk. 

Personally I am more concerned about this as a possible chronic pain problem for Jace Fry  than I am with whether he can pitch again.

Have him try physical therapy especially a McKenzie certified PT. A second surgery is typically a mistake as if the first one didn't help, the disc probably wasn't the cause of the issue.

Chronic pain is not a typical result of a microdiscectomy. 

On 2/17/2021 at 1:35 PM, VAfan said:

Jace Fry? Seriously? 

Luckily they have arguably the best and most celebrated active manager in the entire game