TLR publicity train

Texsox

10 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

But don't you know he's in the Hall of Fame, brother?

"Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, brother'.

-TLR

Now you can too. Wondering if they'll be selling this at the Park this year.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/15977804-hof?store_id=242134

15977804_4.jpg15977804_4(1).jpg

17 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

"Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, brother'.

-TLR

Now you can too. Wondering if they'll be selling this at the Park this year.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/15977804-hof?store_id=242134

15977804_4.jpg15977804_4(1).jpg

Love it. 

I do appreciate how much he values his HoF credentials. He mentioned in one interview he wouldn't have returned if it meant giving that up. 

On 2/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, tray said:

I am so done with reading threads that trash JR and TLaR  and aggrandize Rick Hahn. I am so this is the last one I will read.

Look, if Hahn had a problem with the hiring of TLaR he could have said so or quit. He didn't do either.
ST is here. Move on for chrisesakes. 

I’m actually part of a LaRusstans Discord group now because so many people needed refuge from the social media toxicity towards Tony and Jerry. 

It’s so much healthier, positive, and we get some inside nuggets too. A lot of people are in for a surprise when Tony gets his standing ovation. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

I’m actually part of a LaRusstans Discord group now because so many people needed refuge from the social media toxicity towards Tony and Jerry.

I’m somewhat surprised the LaRouche Cult (not to be confused with Adam Eaton’s Drake LaRoche Cult) continues two years after his passing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/obituaries/lyndon-larouche-dead.html

Jerry benefited from the LaRouche 1986 Illinois Gubernatorial debacle when two years later Jim Thompson and Michael Madigan illegally stopped the legislative clock to give Jerry, and years later the McCaskeys, hundreds of millions in taxes to fund their respective stadiums.

https://www.chicagomag.com/city-life/december-2011/when-michael-madigan-and-big-jim-thompson-stopped-time-to-save-the-white-sox/

Edited by South Side Hit Men

42 minutes ago, shago said:

The only job Hahn could get if he left is a General Manager of a Home Depot, he’s not going anywhere ... 

He's a Michigan, Northwestern and Harvard Law grad.  No less than a hedge fund, venture cap group or investment bank (see Billy Beane's plan if forced to give up A's as it looked due to conflict of interest with overlapping ownership groups.)

Then again, I think Hahn would drive his Home Depot employees nuts. These days, that's arguably the much more demanding job.  He would certainly never stand up to management for the benefit of low-level employees or risk his own position. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, shago said:

The only job Hahn could get if he left is a General Manager of a Home Depot, he’s not going anywhere ... 

I suspect Rick Hahn building this loaded young system is probably given more credit around the league than it is by some fans here. I doubt he would have a hard time finding a job in baseball.

7 hours ago, Sarava said:

I suspect Rick Hahn building this loaded young system is probably given more credit around the league than it is by some fans here. I doubt he would have a hard time finding a job in baseball.

During his time here only two teams have lost more games than the Sox.  Or on a positive note the Sox are 28th most winning franchise over the past decade!

He might have to settle for Lowes. Actually he'd be more at home at Dollar General. 

18 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

He's a Michigan, Northwestern and Harvard Law grad.  No less than a hedge fund, venture cap group or investment bank (see Billy Beane's plan if forced to give up A's as it looked due to conflict of interest with overlapping ownership groups.)

Then again, I think Hahn would drive his Home Depot employees nuts. These days, that's arguably the much more demanding job.  He would certainly never stand up to management for the benefit of low-level employees or risk his own position. 

"Mr Hahn it says here on your resume you negotiated the largest contract in franchise history. We're a very aggressive franchise so that's interesting.  How much was that contract for? "

"74,000,000 MILLION dollars!"

"I see. That is a lot of zeros. Digging into that I understand that ranks your team 30th of 30 teams for largest contract in their franchise's history."

"I'm loyal"

"Next!"

Those three are the prettiest pigs in the stye. They are meant for each other. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

During his time here only two teams have lost more games than the Sox.  Or on a positive note the Sox are 28th most winning franchise over the past decade!

He might have to settle for Lowes. Actually he'd be more at home at Dollar General. 

That ignores the young loaded team he built up. But I get it, that doesn't fit your narrative.

35 minutes ago, Sarava said:

That ignores the young loaded team he built up. But I get it, that doesn't fit your narrative.

Ignore the rest if his track record. I get it,  that doesn't fit your narrative. 

What team's fans would be excited about getting the White Sox front office? 28th place in wins over the past 10 years. Sign Rick Hahn and in 2032 we'll have a winner? 

It's not my narrative,  it's the results of the teams he's put together. 

49 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Ignore the rest if his track record. I get it,  that doesn't fit your narrative. 

What team's fans would be excited about getting the White Sox front office? 28th place in wins over the past 10 years. Sign Rick Hahn and in 2032 we'll have a winner? 

It's not my narrative,  it's the results of the teams he's put together. 

I suspect most team's fans would trade their roster for the White Sox roster. Even with Hahn working around a cheap owner.

I’m not a Hahn Truther by any means, but he certainly could point some fingers at Reinsdorf for undermining him in certain areas (free agency, LatAm, the draft, etc). and still being able to build an insanely talented roster.  He may not be at the top of a team’s list for an open GM job, but I’d wager he’d get some interviews and would easily find a high-end front office role if he ever decided to leave.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

To go over Hahn's 8 seasons as GM somewhat briefly. After 4 years, it wasn't working and they started the rebuild. Nobody is saying he did good in those first 4 years. The cherry on top of the first 4 failed years was the Shields trade.

But even in those bad first 4 years... 3 very team friendly contract extensions would eventually pave the way for a hopefully successful rebuild.

Since then, he has mostly done a great job. They were tanking hard for 3 years. In the case of those 3 rebuild years, the bad record was what they needed to do. To use bad records in tank years against Hahn is not understanding what the rebuild was about?

And now Rick Hahn sits here with a loaded young team and he is the reigning Sporting News Executive of the Year

12 hours ago, Sarava said:

To go over Hahn's 8 seasons as GM somewhat briefly. After 4 years, it wasn't working and they started the rebuild. Nobody is saying he did good in those first 4 years. The cherry on top of the first 4 failed years was the Shields trade.

But even in those bad first 4 years... 3 very team friendly contract extensions would eventually pave the way for a hopefully successful rebuild.

Since then, he has mostly done a great job. They were tanking hard for 3 years. In the case of those 3 rebuild years, the bad record was what they needed to do. To use bad records in tank years against Hahn is not understanding what the rebuild was about?

And now Rick Hahn sits here with a loaded young team and he is the reigning Sporting News Executive of the Year

I'm sorry. Wednesday I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly. But a couple posters, way smarter than me about baseball, build a case that this is one of the three or four most poorly run organizations in baseball. Now I'm seeing it with those eyes.

Yes,  because it's the White Sox a third place division finish, a Covid expanded play off spot,  and a fast exit from the playoffs will earn a guy Executive of the Year.  Yeah! Could it be we've just been so bad for so long he won?  How many other teams GM could parlay a third place finish into Executive of the Year? 

I'll go turn on some Journey and try to believe.

6 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Sox would have been the 2nd WC under the old system. Yankees, Jays and Astros are the teams that got in because of the expansion.

And been sitting at home in the old old system when you actually had to win something to earn a playoff spot. But thank you for correcting my mistake,  I do appreciate it. That 2-8 finish always makes me think it was worse than it was. Third place in your division and that gets you executive of the year. Think a Dodger or Yankee executive could win with a third place finish?  

If all those years of tanking is a brilliant move why not win executive of the year then? This has been a poorly run franchise for so long that by comparison he looks great. How depressing is that? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

And been sitting at home in the old old system when you actually had to win something to earn a playoff spot. But thank you for correcting my mistake,  I do appreciate it. That 2-8 finish always makes me think it was worse than it was. Third place in your division and that gets you executive of the year. Think a Dodger or Yankee executive could win with a third place finish?  

If all those years of tanking is a brilliant move why not win executive of the year then? This has been a poorly run franchise for so long that by comparison he looks great. How depressing is that? 

Tanking is a terrible strategy. It worked, (or might work I guess you would say since the Sox haven't won anything yet) in this case only because the Sox had two premium assets (Sale, Quintana) who could fetch a premium haul of guys who were all due to hit their primes within the same window. The odds of getting into that position again are small, so if the Sox don't win in this window, it could be a long time before it happens again.

37 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Tanking is a terrible strategy. It worked, (or might work I guess you would say since the Sox haven't won anything yet) in this case only because the Sox had two premium assets (Sale, Quintana) who could fetch a premium haul of guys who were all due to hit their primes within the same window. The odds of getting into that position again are small, so if the Sox don't win in this window, it could be a long time before it happens again.

A playoff spot this year would be historic. First time in franchise history back to back playoff appearances. Let that  sink in. 

Based on history they will miss the playoffs and return in about 10 to 15 years. That's the history of this franchise.