TLR publicity train

Texsox

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Based on history they will miss the playoffs and return in about 10 to 15 years. That's the history of this franchise. 

Bulletproof.  I can't imagine how down you must be on those garbage San Diego Padres, they of the WORSE last decade than the Sox, recent "quick first-round exit," and ZERO World Series titles.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Bulletproof.  I can't imagine how down you must be on those garbage San Diego Padres, they of the WORSE last decade than the Sox, recent "quick first-round exit," and ZERO World Series titles.  

The Padres’ made moves to attempt to beat the best team in baseball.

The White Sox made moves to hopefully one year pass Minnesota in the worst division in baseball.

Hahn may blow smoke up fans asses with talk of “multiple World Series championships”. It’s easy to talk the talk, time to bring in the pieces to walk the walk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Funny you mention them. Watching what they did to really go all in on a World Series and locking up a former Sox system player on a contract that this franchise can't even dream of is part of what makes me down. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 9:10 AM, Texsox said:

Funny you mention them. Watching what they did to really go all in on a World Series and locking up a former Sox system player on a contract that this franchise can't even dream of is part of what makes me down. 

You've been a Sox fan a long time like me. They are my favorite team in all of sports. I don't know if that's true for you but regardless, there's no real reason to be down. It's not like you are the owner. We are just observers with a rotting , I mean rooting interest.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 11:04 PM, 35thstreetswarm said:

Umm...they beat the Cardinals last year.

Quick would be the Cubs getting swept by the Marlins in two games.

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You've been a Sox fan a long time like me. They are my favorite team in all of sports. I don't know if that's true for you but regardless, there's no real reason to be down. It's not like you are the owner. We are just observers with a rotting , I mean rooting interest.

Thank you. We need to start playing some games. 

On 2/23/2021 at 1:10 AM, Texsox said:

In fact, the third biggest contract in baseball history after Trout and barely trailing Mookie Betts, arguably the two best players in baseball, at least position player-wise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Thank you. We need to start playing some games. 

Usually many of my posts are edited because I don't proof read them well enough or I think of something else to add. So when I was writing my response to you I typed rotting instead of rooting and caught it when proof reading and I thought, hell, that's as good of a word as any for describing us diehards interest in the Sox.

One side of my mouth drinks the Kool Aid and the other spits poison and bites. Is that what they mean by speaking out of both sides of your mouth ?😋

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Usually many of my posts are edited because I don't proof read them well enough or I think of something else to add. So when I was writing my response to you I typed rotting instead of rooting and caught it when proof reading and I thought, hell, that's as good of a word as any for describing us diehards interest in the Sox.

One side of my mouth drinks the Kool Aid and the other spits poison and bites. Is that what they mean by speaking out of both sides of your mouth ?😋

I'm going to use that in class tomorrow. 

On 2/22/2021 at 10:51 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

The Padres’ made moves to attempt to beat the best team in baseball.

The White Sox made moves to hopefully one year pass Minnesota in the worst division in baseball.

Hahn may blow smoke up fans asses with talk of “multiple World Series championships”. It’s easy to talk the talk, time to bring in the pieces to walk the walk.

I think we already have the pieces.  I hope you like 105 wins cuz that’s what you’re about to see.  

This team would piss all over 2005

Edited by Jerksticks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Lol no.  The odds are stacked super high in your favor.  How bout if I win you can ban yourself and if you win I have to eat BBQ until i feel sick

😂

It would be cool if the team wins 100 +  at some point over the next few years. The team is set to really do well if Kopech/Crochet/Cease, perhaps even Lopez or Rodon, can stay healthy, build their arm strength, and develop as expected/hoped. 

That said, while the fact they have a strong young core is an asset, there will be development and conditioning bumps this season. There would be even coming off a normal previous season. There are just too many key pieces attempting their first 120+ game season in the majors for the very first time.

Love the optimism, but wouldn’t piss on the 2005 team. Their starting staff is better than the current one, but perhaps the 2022/2023 staff can put up a credible challenge.

2 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

I think we already have the pieces.  I hope you like 105 wins cuz that’s what you’re about to see.  

This team should have a good season, but 105 wins isn't likely since the franchise has never won more than 100 in over 120 years. Some pieces still have to develop. If the team wins 90, that would be great. The Sox haven't won 90 in a while.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:04 AM, 35thstreetswarm said:

This is such an absurd post. The Padres just had an offseason where they went all out in an effort to beat the big dogs of the MLB.

We made a couple of tweaks that don't even make it seem like a sure thing we can even win our division.

Come on, man!

Edited by RagahRagah

14 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

All this hilarious overhype to a team that basically just made it so they now have a 3 man rotation instead of a 2 man rotation. That's effectively all the Sox did this offseason. And they didn't even win their division in a truncated season before that.

Some of you guys are starting to make us look like a Cubs forum with all this delusion. 

105 wins. L. M. A. O.

Edited by RagahRagah

6 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

This is such an absurd post. The Padres just had an offseason where they went all out in an effort to beat the big dogs of the MLB.

We made a couple of tweaks that don't even make it seem like a sure thing we can even win our division.

Come on, man!

You're talking about a completely different point.

35 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

All this hilarious overhype to a team that basically just made it so they now have a 3 man rotation instead of a 2 man rotation. That's effectively all the Sox did this offseason. And they didn't even win their division in a truncated season before that.

Some of you guys are starting to make us look like a Cubs forum with all this delusion. 

105 wins. L. M. A. O.

I don’t see it that way at all but fair enough. 

Not beating up on the Tigers and Royals alone will definitely test the White Sox this year.

They have to prove they can somehow vanquish the Indians first, before they worry about the Twins.

With a more balanced schedule, most reasonable Sox fans would expect 88-94 wins this upcoming season (not knowing about injuries, obviously, how much money they have to spend at the deadline, when fans will return and in what percentages of capacity, even whether Vaughn will be held back or not to gain another year of control contractually.)

49 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Ultimately, you can argue that Hendriks will be hard-pressed to repeat or better Colome's success, that Grandal/Keuchel/Abreu/Dunning are definitely regression along the aging curve candidates, Eaton/Rodon/Moncada's health...Kopech being away from the game for so long and then the psychological adjustment side (he's going to want to go out right away and throw 100 again.)   Plus, you lost McCann's leadership and rapport with Giolito.   Finally, Crochet's being able to remain healthy in a year where he will certainly be over-utilized by match-ups master TLR is a definite concern.

We should certainly expect to get more production out of Eaton, Moncada, Robert and whoever is at DH, but there's a lingering question mark to go along with nearly every positive point.  And better defense and base running from Nick Madrigal.

Which is why the White Sox are perceived as being neck and neck with the Twins, and perhaps slightly behind since they're defending the division title and made a ton of moves in the last 4-6 weeks to improve themselves.

Yay, 15 names!!!

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

How do you not see it that way? We legitimately only had two consistently good starters last year. The only addition this year was Lynn. Everyone else is a wildcard. 

What is it you aren't seeing?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

How do you not see it that way? We legitimately only had two consistently good starters last year. The only addition this year was Lynn. Everyone else is a wildcard. 

Young players have the ability to get better and the White Sox are counting on that.   Your point would be valid if there was no talent to come up. 

The Padres did not want to rely on youth so they got some veteran pitchers.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Young players have the ability to get better and the White Sox are counting on that.   Your point would be valid if there was no talent to come up. 

The Padres did not want to rely on youth so they got some veteran pitchers.

True but as has been said several times, numerous players are also due for regression. The most likely scenario is we are about as good as we were last year. I think another factor will be the managing. 

2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

So then you must think the protection of the Yankees wining close to 100 games is also insane,’right?

• Like 1