TLR publicity train

Texsox

1 hour ago, Tony said:

So then you must think the protection of the Yankees wining close to 100 games is also insane,’right?

Why on earth do you believe the White Sox and the Yankees (who are still pretty dominant year after year and reach the playoffs virtually all of them) are a remotely sound comparison???

11 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Why on earth do you believe the White Sox and the Yankees (who are still pretty dominant year after year and reach the playoffs virtually all of them) are a remotely sound comparison???

For this year???? Because they both have top of the leagues bullpens.  Both have top of the leagues offenses and both have good front end rotation with question marks on the back end.  Both teams compare pretty easily if you take your blinders off.

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

Oh I don’t know, the rosters?

By using that same “logic” why is everyone so high on the Padres when they’ve had one winning season in the last decade?!??

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Oh I don’t know, the rosters?

The Yankees have been a dominant team for... pretty much ever. And make the playoffs virtually every year, including last year. (And frankly a better lineup than the Sox) I think you're missing just a few things here. 

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

For this year???? Because they both have top of the leagues bullpens.  Both have top of the leagues offenses and both have good front end rotation with question marks on the back end.  Both teams compare pretty easily if you take your blinders off.

A team that makes the playoffs every year and a team that virtually never makes the playoffs. And the Yankees have a considerably better lineup and had a better playoff showing last year still.

Um, I disagree. 

4 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

A team that makes the playoffs every year and a team that virtually never makes the playoffs. And the Yankees have a considerably better lineup and had a better playoff showing last year still.

Um, I disagree. 

I know this may be hard to believe, but just because things have happened a certain way in the past, does not mean they will happen that same exact way in the future. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Anyone else see the NSC tweet stating that LaRussa said Robert has to hit his way out of the lower third of the order? I'm guessing that means Eaton in 2-hole *sigh*.

Yup, Eaton batting 2nd has been reported since the day he was signed. I hate it but I've accepted it

14 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Um, I disagree. 

Ah got it, so because Alex Rodriguez, CC Sabathia, Derek Jeter and Mark Texieria help the Yankees be a powerhouse for all these last few years, they are better than the 2021 White Sox. 

We won’t mention their rotation is Gerrit Cole, Corey Kluber, Jameson Taillon, Jordan Montgomery and Domingo German. 

For someone that LOVES playing traffic cop when people aren’t addressing the issue or not using “logic” you seem to be running away from this one, champ. Weird. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Um, I disagree. 

How do they have a "considerably better lineup".. Calling them a slightly better lineup is already arguable.

14 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Anyone else see the NSC tweet stating that LaRussa said Robert has to hit his way out of the lower third of the order? I'm guessing that means Eaton in 2-hole *sigh*.

Most everybody I have seen has projected Robert batting about 7... has nothing to do with who bats 2nd. It should be Yoan but we will see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Its up to Eaton to stay there, though. If he isn't an OBP machine anymore and 2019 Moncada shows up, I bet he will be back at the 2 pretty soon.

Agreed, I don't think LaRussa will be forcing him into 2 if he isn't getting on base much and Moncada is dominating.

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

How do they have a "considerably better lineup".. Calling them a slightly better lineup is already arguable.

People are snoozing on what the Sox have brewing.  That’s all this is.  

it really comes down to whether you believe Kopech is the real deal or not.  He could easily dominate from the get-go.  It’s not like he’s some fringey, no-pedigree, aging prospect like Dane Dunning.  

he’s Michael effing Kopech.  I gotta stay optimistic here.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Most everybody I have seen has projected Robert batting about 7... has nothing to do with who bats 2nd. It should be Yoan but we will see.

Posted this in another thread, but I always assumed in would go 6-9: Robert, DH, Eaton, Madrigal. With all this Eaton stuff we've heard so far, I'm thinking he hits second, shifting Robert, DH, Madrigal 7-9.

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

it really comes down to whether you believe Kopech is the real deal or not.  He could easily dominate from the get-go.  It’s not like he’s some fringey, no-pedigree, aging prospect like Dane Dunning.  

People are concerned he's another Rodon with injuries and not being able to find the zone. It's a valid concern. 

21 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

No necessarily. Moncada can bat 2nd, Robert 7th, and Eaton 8th. I agree with TLR here, Robert needs to start 6th or 7th with Vaughn until they become consistent. Personally, I would bat Robert 6th and Vaughn 7th to start the year. 

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Posted this in another thread, but I always assumed in would go 6-9: Robert, DH, Eaton, Madrigal. With all this Eaton stuff we've heard so far, I'm thinking he hits second, shifting Robert, DH, Madrigal 7-9.

Eaton batting second for the season if pretty unlikely. What you get from Eaton batting second you can get from him batting 8th. If he and Madrigal get on base then Tim and Yo can still drive them in. 

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

No necessarily. Moncada can bat 2nd, Robert 7th, and Eaton 8th. I agree with TLR here, Robert needs to start 6th or 7th with Vaughn until they become consistent. Personally, I would bat Robert 6th and Vaughn 7th to start the year. 

Same. But if Vaughn is not on the team opening day, I don't see Collins hitting 6th before Robert as the DH, which is who I'm sticking in the 8 spot (or Leury or Engel or whoever plays that day with someone else shifting to DH).

Edited by manbearpuig

11 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The Yankees for sure have a better lineup when healthy. That's not a knock on our lineup, just that theirs is loaded and proven. We don't really know for sure what we are getting from Madrigal, Vaughn, and Eaton. We also are hoping that Yoan and Robert are consistently their normal selves this year. The Yankees question mark is health. 

28 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I guess I have to admit this. Problem is it's another "what if" and there are a lot of them swirling around this upcoming season. 

I don't feel like the Yankees have that to worry about as much. Maybe I'm wrong.

45 minutes ago, Tony said:

Ah got it, so because Alex Rodriguez, CC Sabathia, Derek Jeter and Mark Texieria help the Yankees be a powerhouse for all these last few years, they are better than the 2021 White Sox. 

We won’t mention their rotation is Gerrit Cole, Corey Kluber, Jameson Taillon, Jordan Montgomery and Domingo German. 

For someone that LOVES playing traffic cop when people aren’t addressing the issue or not using “logic” you seem to be running away from this one, champ. Weird. 

I'm saying that there is a stigma and that stigma absolutely affects things, at least from a psychological standpoint. Granted, Yankees rotation probably looked better last year but IIRC not vastly so and they did what the Yankees always do. That said, they will have a bit stiffer competition in the East and we will have less so we'll have to wait to see how my reasoning stacks up. I still see them as having a more consistent lineup. 

Edited by RagahRagah

39 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

People are concerned he's another Rodon with injuries and not being able to find the zone. It's a valid concern. 

Right.  That’s exactly why I said one’s view of the pitching staff depends on how you view the young guys, specifically Kopech.  The deck is cleared for them.  

That’s why Lynn was such a perfect trade.  Nice insulation.  The worry-types should be happy he’s here