Mariners president and CEO Kevin Mather's Zoom Call

South Side Hit Men

16 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I know reading comprehension and my posts has never been a strength of yours, so I'll highlight this part to help you better read it:

"If you want to say it's not racist, sure, but it's absolutely discriminatory and it's offensive."

Is that clear enough for you, now?

So thanks for again trying to call me out, when I literally said what you are now saying. Maybe if you responded to the post and not the poster you wouldn't constantly claim I said things I never said, and you wouldn't let emotions get the best of you in internet discussions.

Unfortunately for you, I clearly read what you said. And the reason I responded with my post is your post clearly was a response to my earlier post, especially the part in bold. Your post really reads like even if it’s not racism, it’s something... However, definition of the crime is important here, hence my post. I guess that went over your head, but hey I’m the one having comprehension issues here. If you want to blame the guy, at least get the definition right. We are in a woke culture where we’re trying to bring awareness to social and racial injustices that are happening around us, but at the same time you cannot call racism when an act of racism hasn’t been committed. That’d be irresponsible, won’t solve issues in the long term and words start to lose meaning. Not to dismiss the public display ignorance by an executive here, he got what he deserved, but again, definition is important.

Also, what’s ironic is the last paragraph here, that I let my emotions get the best of me. I must of forgotten that I was so triggered when others do not agree with my POV on a subject that I felt the need to bring up an old NBA thread every year to prove to the internet my knowledge and my superiority, and got so upset that I almost quit the site after proof of my said superiority was removed from existence. Yep, that totally happened.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It’s disgraceful. Many teams are playing these games. Kudos to the Padres, Yankees and other teams who have rewarded top prospects with promotion when their ready.

Every team plays that game. It’s operating by the agreed upon rules. Teams aren’t under any obligation to promote players or keep them on their roster

21 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Here we go again with Mr. Know it All. Sorry pal, in order for something to be considered racist, it needs to target a specific characteristic of a race or discriminate against one. What Mather said could be considered xenophobic, but not racist. I thought you would know the difference since you seem to know everything about anything.

So the post where you called me a know it all, and then explained to me why it wasn't racism despite me already saying it wasn't racist, was somehow you understanding my point? That's quite the take.

The final line of my post was directed at your earlier comment; the rest was clearly not. Again though, you have issues with responding to posts instead of posters.

1 hour ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Unfortunately for you, I clearly read what you said. And the reason I responded with my post is your post clearly was a response to my earlier post, especially the part in bold. Your post really reads like even if it’s not racism, it’s something... However, definition of the crime is important here, hence my post. I guess that went over your head, but hey I’m the one having comprehension issues here. If you want to blame the guy, at least get the definition right. We are in a woke culture where we’re trying to bring awareness to social and racial injustices that are happening around us, but at the same time you cannot call racism when an act of racism hasn’t been committed. That’d be irresponsible, won’t solve issues in the long term and words start to lose meaning. Not to dismiss the public display ignorance by an executive here, he got what he deserved, but again, definition is important.

Also, what’s ironic is the last paragraph here, that I let my emotions get the best of me. I must of forgotten that I was so triggered when others do not agree with my POV on a subject that I felt the need to bring up an old NBA thread every year to prove to the internet my knowledge and my superiority, and got so upset that I almost quit the site after proof of my said superiority was removed from existence. Yep, that totally happened.

LOL, pal you're the one who felt the need to call me clueless and state I knew nothing about a subject matter over and over. When you gang up on a poster with other posters to say how stupid they are, only to be proven categorically wrong, expect to be lambasted for it. That's the point of online receipts.

Emotions aren't involved in my internet interactions, but when the exchanging of ideas and thoughts becomes toxic to the point of pointless personal jabs and insults by multiple people I no longer find enjoyment or value in contributing hence my stark decline in posting. Cutting back on contributing isn't "quitting." Posting is a hobby, and hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable. When they stop being that, I simply do them less. It's not rocket science.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So the post where you called me a know it all, and then explained to me why it wasn't racism despite me already saying it wasn't racist, was somehow you understanding my point? That's quite the take.

The final line of my post was directed at your earlier comment; the rest was clearly not. Again though, you have issues with responding to posts instead of posters.

Are you sure you weren’t responding to me the whole time because I live rent free in your head? "If you want to say it’s not racist, sure” I seem to recall I’m the only one or two of the posters taking this stance.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LOL, pal you're the one who felt the need to call me clueless and state I knew nothing about a subject matter over and over. When you gang up on a poster with other posters to say how stupid they are, only to be proven categorically wrong, expect to be lambasted for it. That's the point of online receipts.

Emotions aren't involved in my internet interactions, but when the exchanging of ideas and thoughts becomes toxic to the point of pointless personal jabs and insults by multiple people I no longer find enjoyment or value in contributing hence my stark decline in posting. Cutting back on contributing isn't "quitting." Posting is a hobby, and hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable. When they stop being that, I simply do them less. It's not rocket science.

So you told me not to respond with emotion (which I don’t), and you’re doing a great job here convincing me with the first paragraph pal. Holding vendetta against posters online, feeling the need to “keep online receipts”, and constantly bringing up posts from years ago must be a healthy, non-toxic behavior that you’re doing a great job of keeping up.

You haven’t proven anyone wrong though. Merely making a claim doesn’t make it so. For example your claim that no one in Japan would ever state that a foreigner lacked ability in the Japanese language. You just state it and in your mind you apparently think you made an actual point rather than a totally unsubstantiated claim. I could just as easily state in no other country in the world would it even occur to anyone to be outraged if a foreigner was described as having trouble speaking a language. Mine is probably closer to the truth

6 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Are you sure you weren’t responding to me the whole time because I live rent free in your head? "If you want to say it’s not racist, sure” I seem to recall I’m the only one or two of the posters taking this stance.

So you told me not to respond with emotion (which I don’t), and you’re doing a great job here convincing me with the first paragraph pal. Holding vendetta against posters online, feeling the need to “keep online receipts”, and constantly bringing up posts from years ago must be a healthy, non-toxic behavior that you’re doing a great job of keeping up.

Interesting thoughts; I believe it was you who addressed my post in a personal manner; not the other way around. Unless I missed the name calling or pointed response to you specifically? I believe it is me who lives in your head there, pal.

And yes, people who call me an idiot and clueless on a topic only to be proven horribly wrong will have me enjoyably pull receipts because that's part of the fun on a forum? Otherwise we'd just shout or thoughts into the void. Have a good one, champ!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

I wonder how anyone goes bout hiring a translator for a foreign employee in the first place if it’s discriminatory and offensive to state an employee has trouble with a language.

hey boss I found the perfect guy for the job but we’ll have to a hire an interpreter?

why?

He’s a great guy but his English isn’t tremendous.

Youre fired. We have zero tolerance discrimination policy.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Interesting thoughts; I believe it was you who addressed my post in a personal manner; not the other way around. Unless I missed the name calling or pointed response to you specifically? I believe it is me who lives in your head there, pal.

And yes, people who call me an idiot and clueless on a topic only to be proven horribly wrong will have me enjoyably pull receipts because that's part of the fun on a forum? Otherwise we'd just shout or thoughts into the void. Have a good one, champ!

So this is not considered as responding with emotions and attacking a poster and not a post, especially when your victory posts in that thread sound more like a bitter, whiny little kid. You’re maddingly inconsistent, as always. Makes me wonder why people call you idiot to begin with.

8 hours ago, Vulture said:

I wonder how anyone goes bout hiring a translator for a foreign employee in the first place if it’s discriminatory and offensive to state an employee has trouble with a language.

hey boss I found the perfect guy for the job but we’ll have to a hire an interpreter?

why?

He’s a great guy but his English isn’t tremendous.

Youre fired. We have zero tolerance discrimination policy.

I know you're trolling, but I genuinely hope you realize that this isn't what people are upset about. It isn't that you can't comment on someone's ability to handle a second language, it's that you don't do it out of the blue and for  no reason. It's like calling someone fat and then getting defensive and saying "but it's true!" when there was no reason to even bring that up. But maybe that example will be lost on you since you probably wouldn't have an issue with that behavior

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

So this is not considered as responding with emotions and attacking a poster and not a post, especially when your victory posts in that thread sound more like a bitter, whiny little kid. You’re maddingly inconsistent, as always. Makes me wonder why people call you idiot to begin with.

Uh... no... it's literally bumping an old post to laugh at it's context sans whoever wrote it. I don't bump posts because certain people made them, and I don't care who made them. I bump them because their context was laughably wrong while speaking from some position of knowledge superiority over the person they were responding to.

When I'm wrong, I not only will gladly admit it but I'll laugh at myself for being so confident on something I was so wrong about.