FS: Just Missed-Prospects Outside the Top 30. Preseason 2021

Y2Jimmy0

• Quin pinned this topic

I’m shocked that Sosa didn’t make the top 30.

Looks like the top 30 should be this in some order:

• RHP (10): Kopech, Kelley, Stiever, Thompson, Dalquist, Burdi, Johnson, Lambert, McClure, Freeman
  • LHP (3): Crochet, Flores, Horn
  • MI (3): Madrigal, Rodriguez, Sanchez
  • CI (5): Vaughn, Sheets, Burger, Ramos, Gladney
  • OF (8): Cespedes, Adolfo, Gonzalez, Rutherford, Bush, Bailey, Beard, Krogman
  • CA (1): Collins

I still struggle to understand how it all fell apart so badly for Hansen. I saw him pitch in 2017 and was convinced the dude was going to be a stud. The way hitters reacted to his fastball made him seem completely over powering. I was hopeful the transition to the bullpen would get him back on track, but its not looking good. 

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m shocked that Sosa didn’t make the top 30.

Looks like the top 30 should be this in some order:

• RHP (10): Kopech, Kelley, Stiever, Thompson, Dalquist, Burdi, Johnson, Lambert, McClure, Freeman
  • LHP (3): Crochet, Flores, Horn
  • MI (3): Madrigal, Rodriguez, Sanchez
  • CI (5): Vaughn, Sheets, Burger, Ramos, Gladney
  • OF (8): Cespedes, Adolfo, Gonzalez, Rutherford, Bush, Bailey, Beard, Krogman
  • CA (1): Collins

We included Vera. Collins isn't eligible 

14 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

We included Vera. Collins isn't eligible 

Wasn’t sure about those two.  How close was Sosa to making it?  Based on reports of Yolbert reporting to instructs in poor condition, I could see an argument for Sosa over him.  Either way, the middle infield depth in the depth is very weak.

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Ha why not? 

I'll have to check again, was referring to the just missed guys, but will do it for the 16-30 polls now.

For international I went sosa still (last time we saw him he was in single-a and came on hot, way farther along than the rest) and it's overwhelmingly Tatis (I get it, he just hasn't shown up in games at all)

For recent prep pick I went Weaver but which I thought would be a slam dunk after the favorable FS/BA writeups and couldn't believe it was delgado, that one is wild

And for most interesting pitcher I went carranza and pilkington went, and that dude is just super boring to me.

On 2/23/2021 at 8:32 AM, bmags said:

OK I'm finally in the majority with Bailey 

Went with McClure, but I thought it would be Horn, and it was tyler johnson by a mile (wtf)

Thought it would easily be gladney and it was bush. 

I'm just not on the pulse at all lol

I think a lot of the answers are based on old info like with Bush. The only poll I answered was on the IFA's and my answer was the one least picked, Jose Rodriguez and If I had to pick a 2nd one it was Bryan Ramos and he was the 2nd least popular pick in that poll.

• bmags unpinned this topic