Micah Johnson - Art

he gone.

Just thought I'd drop this in. 

Been following his art career for some time, really cool stuff. His popularity has really taken off over the past 12 months which is cool to see. Wasn't more than like 2 years ago where he was tweeting about making art for anybody who is willing to pay like $200. Now he's selling over a million worth of art in minutes. His biggest piece is AKU - really making a killing in the NFT space which is super cool to see.  (NFT -= Non fungible token)  basically putting art or songs, etc. on blockhain as a way to create authenticity and know what you're buying is really one of one, etc. 

https://beincrypto.com/micah-johnson-nft-artwork-sells-for-120000-on-async-art/

I can't find the article from Nifty Gateway, but it's on Twitter if you search, he sold like $1.4mm or something yesterday on his release. Cool stuff. His Jackie Robinson piece has always been awesome to me. Give him a google search if you're interested. 

• Thanks 1

I'm really into art, so been someone who I probably followed more closely than most since leaving the Sox. He's got some really cool pieces. I think there was a guy on the Cubs too  -- kinda their AAAA version of Micah Johnson who also was doing art on the side too. It really is true - we always pin these guys as just athletes and say things like "good" when a NIcky Delmonico or MIcah or Palka doesnt make the team. Sometimes easy to forget these guys are chasing their dreams and are people too. Glad hes finding a ton of success right now. 

• Like 2