FS: Preseason 2021 Top 30 Prospects List (16-30)

Y2Jimmy0

• Quin pinned this topic
1 hour ago, bmags said:

I really am excited for almost every guy on this list except for Yolbert. Excited = want to follow.

New car smell type excitement for Krogman/Horn.

Continue to be probably too pumped for the mid-90s throwing McClure.

he's going to end up being the best Kade in Chicago sports history.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Oh yeah for sure. He looks great. There was an argument to put him higher. 

Are the Sox going to try him at many different positions ? Would be nice to see him try the OF, 2nd, 3rd and not just end up another DH type. There's a lot of value in versatile guys which is an aspect of the Sox system that should be addressed more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Here is 16-30 from our preseason top 30 prospect's list: https://www.futuresox.com/2021/02/23/top-white-sox-prospect-rankings-preseason-2021-16-30/

What does everyone want to know? 

I'm particularly interest in the guys who showed quick bats and upticks in velocity. McClure, Jose Rodriquez and Bryan Ramos.

Great stuff as always, James.  

I'd like to know more about Bryan Ramos.  He seems to be the name that a lot of outlets mention.  Is he a next wave type guy or one that will contribute in the current window.  If current, where do you think he ends up playing...3B, outfield, 2B or utility IF?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cashman said:

How can we take you seriously, when you put Jake Burger on this list?

Unless you have some insight about Burger you'd like to share there's really no reason he shouldn't be the 16th rated prospect. That's not exactly rarefied air for a player who was picked 11th in the whole country in 2017. It's not like he has sucked at baseball, his body just failed him. He seems to be in much better shape now and maybe he learned a lesson that those injuries taught him. You can't be an athlete and treat your body like a garbage dump.

Besides, I believe the rankings are a collective effort of Future Sox not just Jimmy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are the Sox going to try him at many different positions ? Would be nice to see him try the OF, 2nd, 3rd and not just end up another DH type. There's a lot of value in versatile guys which is an aspect of the Sox system that should be addressed more.

I think they’ll move him around and see if anything sticks. He’s in really good shape but the bat is the carrying tool obviously 

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm particularly interest in the guys who showed quick bats and upticks in velocity. McClure, Jose Rodriquez and Bryan Ramos.

McClure worked with Ben Hansen and now looks to have a big league future. Rodriguez is super aggressive but can hit and Ramos is pretty exciting. He’ll play the entire season at 19. 

7 hours ago, heirdog said:

Great stuff as always, James.  

I'd like to know more about Bryan Ramos.  He seems to be the name that a lot of outlets mention.  Is he a next wave type guy or one that will contribute in the current window.  If current, where do you think he ends up playing...3B, outfield, 2B or utility IF?

Thanks for reading! Next wave. He’s only 19 and he will start in Kannapolis. Even if he’s a trade piece, that’s a good outcome. He just needs to play. 

4 hours ago, Cashman said:

How can we take you seriously, when you put Jake Burger on this list?

Burger belongs on the list. He’s healthy, in great shape and can really hit still. 

• Love 1

17 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Unless you have some insight about Burger you'd like to share there's really no reason he shouldn't be the 16th rated prospect. That's not exactly rarefied air for a player who was picked 11th in the whole country in 2017. It's not like he has sucked at baseball, his body just failed him. He seems to be in much better shape now and maybe he learned a lesson that those injuries taught him. You can't be an athlete and treat your body like a garbage dump.

Besides, I believe the rankings are a collective effort of Future Sox not just Jimmy.

Colonjiggle040914.gif

• bmags unpinned this topic