T-Mo Free MLB TV Sign up March 30th

Texsox

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

I didn't see it yet. I thought that was in the fall. 

Last year it was part of the MLB give-away - however - I have to remind myself that last year's MLB giveaway technically didn't happen until July (isn't that when the MLB season actually got started).  

10 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Yeah.  That's right. I thought they were separate 

Yeah - two different sign-ups but same day available.  Either way - only thing i wish Tmobile would do is allow you to sign-up earlier - would be great to stream some spring training games too.  Its like 77 without a cloud in the sky outside today - really makes me want to be sitting in a ballpark hearing the crack of a bat.  My god do I miss that - especially since I'd get out to spring training every year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I have kinda tried changing location.  Do you have any good tips or what to do?

Yep. If you download the Tmobile mlbtv option or want to buy the MLBtv let me know. I'll show you how to do it, it is really simple. The trick is you want to be far away in the US away from teams we typically play. The Rockies are going to be shit so I'd pick them. They are NL, we won't have to worry about playing them for any reason. 

35 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Yeah - two different sign-ups but same day available.  Either way - only thing i wish Tmobile would do is allow you to sign-up earlier - would be great to stream some spring training games too.  Its like 77 without a cloud in the sky outside today - really makes me want to be sitting in a ballpark hearing the crack of a bat.  My god do I miss that - especially since I'd get out to spring training every year.  

I wonder if the MLB will let people watch the games free this year for spring training. 

15 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yep. If you download the Tmobile mlbtv option or want to buy the MLBtv let me know. I'll show you how to do it, it is really simple. The trick is you want to be far away in the US away from teams we typically play. The Rockies are going to be shit so I'd pick them. They are NL, we won't have to worry about playing them for any reason. 

I was thinking North Dakota! hahah.  But yeah, really anywhere. I'll have to hit you up when it posts!

23 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Is there a way to get it from my phone to my TV? I couldn’t figure it out last year, so I had to watch on my phone all year.

Yeah - you can use chrome cast to do it or presumably Apple TV. Kind of depends on what you have. If you have a smart TVs - you can just use the app on their. 

I use all of the above depending on device I’m watching. One tv is smart while the other two have fire sticks where I just use the app. But if I’m at a friends or my parents - they have chrome and I can just cast using that and get a game on if I want it. 

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Yeah - you can use chrome cast to do it or presumably Apple TV. Kind of depends on what you have. If you have a smart TVs - you can just use the app on their. 

I use all of the above depending on device I’m watching. One tv is smart while the other two have fire sticks where I just use the app. But if I’m at a friends or my parents - they have chrome and I can just cast using that and get a game on if I want it. 

I have a smart TV, and I have the app on it, but it wouldn’t work for me. I’ll figure it out this year I guess.

21 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I have a smart TV, and I have the app on it, but it wouldn’t work for me. I’ll figure it out this year I guess.

So sometimes my app would kind of stall and I learned I had to like restart the app. For my tv you just hold the power button a bit longer or do a force close on the specific app. That would do the trick. I think my tv has the android tv (not sure which one your tv runs on) - but maybe that helps. 

But other than the ocassional refreshes - which would happen when you turn on the app (for me it is an android issue and not mlb cause it happens with my Disney plus and prime too) - the app worked amazing last year (my first year using it from a smart tv cause my other 2 TVs in our house are super old and non smart :). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I have kinda tried changing location.  Do you have any good tips or what to do?

6 hours ago, claydude14 said:

I would guess a VPN would do the trick, but I’m outside of the Sox market anyways so I watch all the games on MLB.tv without the need for one.

I use a VPN at home to stream the games bc I experience lagging/buffering with the NBC app. I haven't had any issues when doing that with the MLB.TV app. It's actually my preferred method to watch the games now. I usually change that location to the Netherlands or Canada before I open the app and that does the trick. 

• Like 1

So I will put my question in this thread, but I am considering cancelling my Comcast TV portion (I already have Amazon Prime & Discovery Plus & some free stuff, so for me cable is really unnecessary aside from sports) and I am thinking about getting MLBTV and maybe the NBA version also.  If I buy the subscription with a Chicago-market address, can I still watch the local broadcasts if I am using a VPN on an android box?  Or will my mailing address automatically disqualify me from watching the games?  I know I can't watch on my rokus because you can't install a VPN on those.

11 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You're the man.

Stick to Colorado. I've been using it for the longest and haven't had any issues with games except for the Rockies. Sometimes leaving the country puts people in a bad spot so YMMV. Like I said though, I can help you next month take care of this. 

• Like 1