T-Mo Free MLB TV Sign up March 30th

Texsox

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Stick to Colorado. I've been using it for the longest and haven't had any issues with games except for the Rockies. Sometimes leaving the country puts people in a bad spot so YMMV. Like I said though, I can help you next month take care of this. 

I'll follow your advice.  

51 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

So I will put my question in this thread, but I am considering cancelling my Comcast TV portion (I already have Amazon Prime & Discovery Plus & some free stuff, so for me cable is really unnecessary aside from sports) and I am thinking about getting MLBTV and maybe the NBA version also.  If I buy the subscription with a Chicago-market address, can I still watch the local broadcasts if I am using a VPN on an android box?  Or will my mailing address automatically disqualify me from watching the games?  I know I can't watch on my rokus because you can't install a VPN on those.

The VPN will do the trick if you get a decent one. The IP address is what they go by and you can relocate yourself to another town not in the Chicago market. You want to select a place that has people in it and has a bad local baseball team you wouldn't watch or wouldn't play us often. But make sure you create a burner MLB account just for MLB TV that is not associated with an account you previously used or one that you bought tickets with. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

41 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The VPN will do the trick if you get a decent one. The IP address is what they go by and you can relocate yourself to another town not in the Chicago market. You want to select a place that has people in it and has a bad local baseball team you wouldn't watch or wouldn't play us often. But make sure you create a burner MLB account just for MLB TV that is not associated with an account you previously used or one that you bought tickets with. 

Thanks.

I have paid versions of both Nord VPN and AVG VPN so I think the VPN will be good enough.  I'm just concerned about the mailing address I would fill in when I make the purchase, and if I should ask a family member out of state to use their address for my subscription.  I'm wondering if all of the MLB lawyer scumbags will still try to block me if I put in a Chicago-market mailing address from the purchase.  I guess I can check if there is a refund policy and if so, cancel, get a refund, and then sign up on another account with a different address.

52 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Thanks.

I have paid versions of both Nord VPN and AVG VPN so I think the VPN will be good enough.  I'm just concerned about the mailing address I would fill in when I make the purchase, and if I should ask a family member out of state to use their address for my subscription.  I'm wondering if all of the MLB lawyer scumbags will still try to block me if I put in a Chicago-market mailing address from the purchase.  I guess I can check if there is a refund policy and if so, cancel, get a refund, and then sign up on another account with a different address.

Well you can sign up using a hotel address. I always use a local hotel address for where my fake location will be. You can also set up "payment" through PayPal to avoid the billing address problem. The key here is the MLB app itself. If you have an MLB account it will snitch on you if you aren't careful. That is why I was saying not to put the MLB app on the device you will use the MLB TV app and VPN on. And I would definitely stay logged out of the MLB app at home. If you need to buy tickets using it or to show your tickets, step outside and do it. And as I said previously, do not use the same account info and email for MLB TV that you use for the MLB app. That app sings like a canary and you will get blacked out. 

12 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well you can sign up using a hotel address. I always use a local hotel address for where my fake location will be. You can also set up "payment" through PayPal to avoid the billing address problem. The key here is the MLB app itself. If you have an MLB account it will snitch on you if you aren't careful. That is why I was saying not to put the MLB app on the device you will use the MLB TV app and VPN on. And I would definitely stay logged out of the MLB app at home. If you need to buy tickets using it or to show your tickets, step outside and do it. And as I said previously, do not use the same account info and email for MLB TV that you use for the MLB app. That app sings like a canary and you will get blacked out. 

I see.  Thanks for the info.  If I get it I'll probably log into MLBTV from the android box on a new account in a foreign country, then pay with paypal if they let me.

Edited by YourWhatHurts