Cubs 2021

35thstreetswarm

15 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

The Cubs have given up 41 runs during the last three games. Hope their fans are enjoying the tank.

Was considering betting the Cubs opponent run line for the rest of the season, curious how that would do. 

31 minutes ago, Madrigal Mystery Tour said:

Kris Bryant seems a lot happier out of Chicago. 

The Cubs organization is a disgrace. 

Jerry Reinsdorf isn't the cheapest owner in Chicago.

LOL. When Jerry gives a top 5 payroll annually let me know. 

6 hours ago, raBBit said:

LOL. When Jerry gives a top 5 payroll annually let me know. 

If the Sox sold out every day regardless of record I think they would have a top 5 payroll.

If this team can go on a 3 to 5 year run it will certainly be interesting how the payroll unfolds.  They have had some large crowds this year. 

You can't even begin to see a path for the cubs out of what they are in currently.  If the Sox were ever going to move the needle in this city, this time and this team are it.

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

If the Sox sold out every day regardless of record I think they would have a top 5 payroll.

If this team can go on a 3 to 5 year run it will certainly be interesting how the payroll unfolds.  They have had some large crowds this year. 

You can't even begin to see a path for the cubs out of what they are in currently.  If the Sox were ever going to move the needle in this city, this time and this team are it.

April May and September weekday/night games are always going to be a challenge due to weather and the lack of sizzle surrounding the AL Central opponents.  Getting to the WS would help immensely, or at least the ALCS.

Edited by caulfield12

19 hours ago, Madrigal Mystery Tour said:

Kris Bryant seems a lot happier out of Chicago. 

The Cubs organization is a disgrace. 

Jerry Reinsdorf isn't the cheapest owner in Chicago.

Jerry Reinsdorf has never been the cheapest owner in Chicago.

The Halas McCaskey family have held the title of the cheapest owner in Chicago for over a century.

16 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I agree. If the Sox want to make inroads into the Chicago baseball market, they have the opportunity to do so right now. But I don't know if the organization is even concerned about that. Meanwhile, the Cubs are so bad right now, they are not even fun to stomp on. 

40 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

This is just sad.  It's not even funny anymore.  Even at their nadir, the Sox weren't this bad.

No, no, it is definitely funny.  In fact the best part is that it is entirely self-inflicted.  They tried to go cheap with the faces of the franchise who broke the curse, and happily dealt them off to save a few bucks.  Now they are combination of awful and unmotivated as a team.  It is wonderful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No, no, it is definitely funny.  In fact the best part is that it is entirely self-inflicted.  They tried to go cheap with the faces of the franchise who broke the curse, and happily dealt them off to save a few bucks.  Now they are combination of awful and unmotivated as a team.  It is wonderful.

I wholeheartedly agree. They could have made those guys fair offers and signed them. They could have spent money, retooled, and become a force for many years but instead decided to cry poor and now they're gonna be bad for a looong time. They got their title, good for them, but I wont cry any tears that its a Sox town again.

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think they were near the end of their run on that team anyways.  I think a rebuild was necessary.  But yeah, I see your point.