TA7 on Hanging with Hurt

Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Couple of quotes on La Russa early that were interesting. Tim still seems a bit reluctant from this interview but says he's coming around to it.

He also says that "we can't let La Russa overshadow what we're doing here."

I'm sorry but as much as I'm glad he and others are trying, I have a bad feeling this is going to end up being a mess.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

I'm sorry but as much as I'm glad he and others are trying, I have a bad feeling this is going to end up being a mess.

I think it’ll be be ok. I don’t think TLR is great, but he isn’t some supervillain either. More important he’s very cognizant of his legacy, and he’s not stupid. He’s not Bobby Valentine. 

I think as long a player performs TLR will accept bat flips, trash talking and stuff like this.

He probably would take issue if a player doesn't do well and then jogs to first or if someone does a batflip on a homer when the team is down 6-1 in the 8th.

Edited by Dominikk85

8 minutes ago, RTC said:

You’re right.  People are acting as if a grown man would do something as childish as cut up a jersey he doesn’t like.

It should be pointed out that Sale played most of his Sox career under the most laid back non confrontational manager possible in Ventura.  It would be interesting to know if the jersey incident, the LaRoche nonsense he was involved in, or his locker room break in with the Royals would have occurred with a LaRussa type personality in the clubhouse.

If nothing else, I think its safe to say that Sale proves that even if there is a clubhouse incident this year, it is possible that it may not be 100% TLR's fault, although it will be painted that way by some no matter what.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

It should be pointed out that Sale played most of his Sox career under the most laid back non confrontational manager possible in Ventura.  It would be interesting to know if the jersey incident, the LaRoche nonsense he was involved in, or his locker room break in with the Royals would have occurred with a LaRussa type personality in the clubhouse.

If nothing else, I think its safe to say that Sale proves that even if there is a clubhouse incident this year, it is possible that it may not be 100% TLR's fault, although it will be painted that way by some no matter what.

Don’t disagree with anything you said.  I was just reacting to the idea that athletes couldn’t behave like children

3 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

If a player cuts up jerseys, it isn't the manager's fault, whether it is Robin Ventura or Tony LaRussa or AJ Hinch. It was a Chris Sale production and childish, although those uniforms were ugly.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Too many posters here project how they would handle things.  Thing is, you don't become a pro athlete by being mentally weak or unable to work with people you don't necessarily like.

This is pure athletic pedastalling nonsense. Athletes are no better or worse, on average, working with people they don't like than the average person. Some of the best teammates are the worst players and the best players the worst teammates. That's life in general.

On 2/24/2021 at 7:58 PM, RagahRagah said:

Anderson doesn't work in PR he plays baseball and plays it damn well.

He's always got a chip on is shoulder for whatever reason and there was some serious disconnect between Ownership-Hahn-Players about the manager process leading to TA's initial comments about TLR. At the end of the day though, Timmy plays baseball and he wants to win. The Sox team is awesome. Obsessing over TLR is already tired. TA wants to win and be the best that he can. TLR doesn't change that.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:04 PM, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

TA's contract extension lookin as hot as that YT intro montage.

Great username.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He’s right.  I don’t even think it’s close.  Pretty sure we’re in our own tier and then:

a bunch of space and mountain to climb  

Tier 2 Rays Yankees 

Tier 3 Twins A’s Astros

Tier 4 Indians Jays Angels

Tier 5 Red Sox Mariners

Tier 6 Royals, Tigers 

Tier 10 Orioles Rangers