I'm going to enjoy the White Sox this year

VAfan

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You are talking about probabilities all the time but you tell everyone that your opinion is a certainty pretty much every time.  Why do you feel the need to piss on any optimism on this site?  The only thing exhausting here is you.  The season starts in a month and all you do is suck the life out of people discussing what they are looking forward to.

But it is a certainty! Why can't you see it? Are you unable to see, or just insane? Either way, you are avoiding the point. And proving his argument. Which means you can't have an intelligent argument without avoiding the point or proving his argument. Which proves he's right. Why can't you see it? Why why why? Well, congratulations on proving his point. He's done with you, he has other, more serious arguments to attend to.

That about does it, right? Saved you (and us) four or five repetitive posts of steadily increasing length and vitriol (all *Edited* -- because damnit, that last one could've been *more* off-putting). Back to baseball, yes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

But it is a certainty! Why can't you see it? Are you unable to see, or just insane? Either way, you are avoiding the point. And proving his argument. Which means you can't have an intelligent argument without avoiding the point or proving his argument. Which proves he's right. Why can't you see it? Why why why? Well, congratulations on proving his point. He's done with you, he has other, more serious arguments to attend to.

That about does it, right? Saved you (and us) four or five repetitive posts of steadily increasing length and vitriol (all *Edited* -- because damnit, that last one could've been *more* off-putting). Back to baseball, yes?

And shit like this is case in point.

If I talk about apples and you immediately ignore it and start talking about oranges...

Christ, this is grade school stuff.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

You are talking about probabilities all the time but you tell everyone that your opinion is a certainty pretty much every time.  Why do you feel the need to piss on any optimism on this site?  The only thing exhausting here is you.  The season starts in a month and all you do is suck the life out of people discussing what they are looking forward to.

If someone prefers only sunshine and rainbows that is fine. They can ignore my posts and just not respond to them?

Ya know, like saying I'm too stupid to argue with yet continue to argue with me.

I took accountability for something I said earlier and basically retracted it. Funny how it went ENTIRELY ignored. How about some credit? I don't see anyone else here softening their positions or taking accountability for poor arguments.

Which I guess is kinda why people refrain from admitting any mistakes.

Narratives and obvious attention seekers are funny. 

Edited by RagahRagah

Just now, RagahRagah said:

And shit like this is case in point.

If I talk about apples and you immediately ignore it and start talking about oranges...

Christ, this is grade school stuff.

Dude...you distort EVERY argument...and then come back with a pomposity that cannot be real.  And yes, I have been cruel with my comments...and yes I then did reengage because you comment on every stream and I am inexperienced enough with message boards that I did not really understand what a troll is.   As for "If I talk about apples and you immediately ignore..." is EXACTLY what you do.  I try to put reasoned responses on here...I try to make my arguments and I respect even those who strongly disagree with me (honestly Collins is going to be great)...but 100% of the time you misrepresent what I and others are arguing, 100% of the time you insult the people you disagree with and 100% of the time you view the White Sox in the most negative way.  I don't think you are real...I think you are a Cubs fan...or maybe a Yankees fan...that thinks it will be funny to come on a teams message board and wind people up.   Thus my too often "too stupid to argue with" comments.  I apologize.  I won't say it again.  Neither will I engage.        

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, michelangelosmonkey said:

Dude...you distort EVERY argument...and then come back with a pomposity that cannot be real.  And yes, I have been cruel with my comments...and yes I then did reengage because you comment on every stream and I am inexperienced enough with message boards that I did not really understand what a troll is.   As for "If I talk about apples and you immediately ignore..." is EXACTLY what you do.  I try to put reasoned responses on here...I try to make my arguments and I respect even those who strongly disagree with me (honestly Collins is going to be great)...but 100% of the time you misrepresent what I and others are arguing, 100% of the time you insult the people you disagree with and 100% of the time you view the White Sox in the most negative way.  I don't think you are real...I think you are a Cubs fan...or maybe a Yankees fan...that thinks it will be funny to come on a teams message board and wind people up.   Thus my too often "too stupid to argue with" comments.  I apologize.  I won't say it again.  Neither will I engage.        

I prefer to civilly engage than this crap. I encourage you to.

Like I said, I all but retracted my comments about the Yankees comparison. Wish it had been noticed.

What have I misrepresented? Most of your responses to me have been insults, so...

All your "100%" assertions of me are hyperbole and are false.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

If someone prefers only sunshine and rainbows that is fine. They can ignore my posts and just not respond to them?

Ya know, like saying I'm too stupid to argue with yet continue to argue with me.

I took accountability for something I said earlier and basically retracted it. Funny how it went ENTIRELY ignored. How about some credit? I don't see anyone else here softening their positions or taking accountability for poor arguments.

Which I guess is kinda why people refrain from admitting any mistakes.

Narratives and obvious attention seekers are funny. 

No I absolutely noticed that last night you took accountability and were contrite, and then this morning you doled out another variation of your "how can you possibly be this dumb to feel positive about this team"  so yea you can kind of understand why I decided not to give you credit for it.

Also, being excited for the team isn't rainbows and sunshine.   It's too bad you don't see that

This is you.  Frequently.  Look at how you talk down 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I prefer to civilly engage than this crap. I encourage you to.

Like I said, I all but retracted my comments about the Yankees comparison. Wish it had been noticed.

What have I misrepresented? Most of your responses to me have been insults, so...

All your "100%" assertions of me are hyperbole and are false.

I insult no one else on this board.  I did not start out by insulting you.  Months ago, after half a dozen arguments with you, I realized that you weren't here to discuss or persuade or follow the White Sox you were here to troll people...and honestly...you are great at it.  I'm getting the hang of this message board thing.  It's mostly fun...you just have to check under every bridge you cross because trolls exist.  Have a great day RagRag.      

3 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

You know what is speculation? Everything you and everyone else here says.  The difference is your speculation is always negative.  There is a range of potential outcomes for Vaughn this year...EE .627 OPS from last year would be the ridiculously lower bound.  Frank Thomas's rookie season...roughly same age, same path, same hitting style (high average, high walks, plus power) OPS of .987 would be the upper bound.  I'd be happy to bet you any sum of money that Vaughn's OPS will be better than .627.  It is absolute speculation that 30 year old Bauer will be the Cy Young TB of 2020 and not the TB with the 4.5 ERA of 2019.  It is absolute speculation that the 31 year old George Springer will be the amazing 2020 GS and not the meh GS of 2018.  When you look at young players you SPECULATE on how they will evolve...we saw Robert destroy the minor leagues, we saw him destroy MLB in his first month...and then he was TERRIBLE his last month.  If you want to look at that body of work and say...he'll probably continue to be terrible...ok...that's a position to take...no one can refute that.  I just think you are the guy that sees pictures of your co-workers new baby and says...she'll probably turn out to be ugly.  You might be right, you might be wrong but you are always unlikeable.      

I'm a big vaughn Stan but we should probably slow down on comparing him to one of the 5 greatest RH hitters in the history of the game. A 1st ballot hof'er who didn't even play the field. Thats... a bit aggressive.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No I absolutely noticed that last night you took accountability and were contrite, and then this morning you doled out another variation of your "how can you possibly be this dumb to feel positive about this team"  so yea you can kind of understand why I decided not to give you credit for it.

Also, being excited for the team isn't rainbows and sunshine.   It's too bad you don't see that

This is you.  Frequently.  Look at how you talk down 

Funny how you quote me directly in the same post as you stated the bolded, which is nothing I have ever said.

No one is dumb to be positive. It is definitely blind to not understand the legitimacy of several valid concerns, not all of which are even player related, and dismiss them or downplay them, or not see the high probability.

For instance, I figured when this rebuild started that the same people who oversaw the running of the franchise into the ground are the same people who were overseeing the rebuild and that was an obvious cause for skepticism. Maybe people here were the same way; not accepting this reality.

Maybe we can focus on substance rather than absolutes, hyperbole, misquotes and strawmen?

Edited by RagahRagah

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm a big vaughn Stan but we should probably slow down on comparing him to one of the 5 greatest RH hitters in the history of the game. A 1st ballot hof'er who didn't even play the field. Thats... a bit aggressive.

He said that is the upper level of the projection with last year EE being the low level.  I think we all know it probably won't be really close to either but hope it will be close to Frank

Just now, RagahRagah said:

Funny how you quote me directly in the same post as you stated the bolded, which is nothing I have ever said.

No one is dumb to be positive. It is definitely blind to not understand the legitimacy of several valid concerns, not all of which are even player related. 

Maybe we can focus on substance rather than absolutes, hyperbole, misquotes and strawmen?

I never said you stated that directly.  You imply it nearly every time

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

To be fair, this is VAfans 1000th thread saying the same thing. I find it odd that blind optimism over and over again is fine according to you but people on the other side of the spectrum nauseate you. 

If VAfan isn't a relative of Reinsdorf or Hahn then I'm envious of his only-optimistic view of life. It is a bit tiresome to read over and over again though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

He said that is the upper level of the projection with last year EE being the low level.  I think we all know it probably won't be really close to either but hope it will be close to Frank

Saying someone's range is from the worst hitter in baseball to one of the five greatest in the history or the game is ridiculous and nonsensical but you know that. No way to be wrong when you cover all bases though.

I know you only defend optimistic posters and love squashing those who show dissent to that optimism though, so this is nothing new for you. 

Projections are about statistical probabilities, not vafans made up thoughts.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Saying someone's range is from the worst hitter in baseball to one of the five greatest in the history or the game is ridiculous and nonsensical but you know that. No way to be wrong when you cover all bases though.

I know you only defend optimistic posters and love squashing those who show dissent to that optimism though, so this is nothing new for you. 

Lmao alright ray ray.  I'm squashing your fun.  Please, go on

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I insult no one else on this board.  I did not start out by insulting you.  Months ago, after half a dozen arguments with you, I realized that you weren't here to discuss or persuade or follow the White Sox you were here to troll people...and honestly...you are great at it.  I'm getting the hang of this message board thing.  It's mostly fun...you just have to check under every bridge you cross because trolls exist.  Have a great day RagRag.      

You thinking I am a troll because I merely point out obvious concerns is incredibly ignorant. And arguably, negativity breeds more discussion and argument than positivity. Just the way it is.

I have been mostly civil, taken serious arguments and been serious about them, have apologized when I was rude and it was not provoked, and told people flat out to ignore me if they don't like my posts. 

If that is what you think trolling is, you have no grasp of the concept.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

To be fair, this is VAfans 1000th thread saying the same thing. I find it odd that blind optimism over and over again is fine according to you but people on the other side of the spectrum nauseate you. 

If VAfan isn't a relative of Reinsdorf or Hahn then I'm envious of his only-optimistic view of life. It is a bit tiresome to read over and over again though.

I let you guys piss all over threads for months and didn't say shit.  You banned yourself because you got in so many arguments.  Two weeks ago I say something about it and you want to get all uppity like I'm deleting threads and forcing optimism and shit, but you know better.

but please, go on.  

• Like 2

Lmao alright ray ray.  I'm squashing your fun.  Please, go on

Nothing about squashing my fun. I haven't expressed any real negativity here and I'm excited for the season. Frustrated with the FO but excited for the group of guys. 

I just find it incredibly hypocritical of you that you don't call out VAfan for starting the same nonsensical thread over and over because it's optimistic but you feel the need to constantly call out posters who post negative thoughts. Just my two cents. Have a good weekend. 

Edit: now not being blindly optimistic = pissing on threads

Being blindly optimistic though = great board contributions 

Lol you cradk me up pal. And banned myself lol. I don't post as much because of nonsense like above

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I never said you stated that directly.  You imply it nearly every time

You only think that because my words are not sinking in. Like the very words if the post you just quoted and are arguing around to make yourself right rather than address. It's the same thing over and over again. Even after I explain myself it seems like my clarifications get ignored because it is easier to focus on what you want me to be saying.

• Haha 1

I let you guys piss all over threads for months and didn't say shit.  You banned yourself because you got in so many arguments.  Two weeks ago I say something about it and you want to get all uppity like I'm deleting threads and forcing optimism and shit, but you know better.

but please, go on.  

He has a point. Obviously optimism is an easier read than skepticism/pessimism but that's life. Blindness on either side is bad, and contrary to what you think I am not all negative. But most of my optimistic thoughts have been shared my many others and have been generally accepted and I don't feel the need to echo them. 

I can tell there is even a irritation that goes along with reading my posts because some have preconceived notions but if you actually absorb what I am typing and not be resistant or spiteful you might find I am reasonable.

Edited by RagahRagah

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

But I didn't...I said that was his range of outcomes...EE's .673 and FT .983.   And if you look at a lot of his attributes he is like Frank...great batters eye, great approach, natural power.   He is VERY unlikely to be that good...but I think he could be 90% as good as Frank which would be about a 5 WAR a year for 7 years.  

7 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

You thinking I am a troll because I merely point out obvious concerns is incredibly ignorant. And arguably, negativity breeds more discussion and argument than positivity. Just the way it is.

I have been mostly civil, taken serious arguments and been serious about them, have apologized when I was rude and it was not provoked, and told people flat out to ignore me if they don't like my posts. 

If that is what you think trolling is, you have no grasp of the concept.

This right here is why everyone argues with you and thinks you’re an absolute dick...you always lean on “I see no issue with having a civil discussion that doesn’t result in name calling, it’s beneath me..” but in the majority of your posts you call some ignorant or blind if they don’t share your same viewpoint. 

The high horse game only works if you actually ride the high horse, something you’ve NEVER DONE. 

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nothing about squashing my fun. I haven't expressed any real negativity here and I'm excited for the season. Frustrated with the FO but excited for the group of guys. 

I just find it incredibly hypocritical of you that you don't call out VAfan for starting the same nonsensical thread over and over because it's optimistic but you feel the need to constantly call out posters who post negative thoughts. Just my two cents. Have a good weekend. 

Edit: now not being blindly optimistic = pissing on threads

Being blindly optimistic though = great board contributions 

Lol you cradk me up pal. And banned myself lol. I don't post as much because of nonsense like above

Bye 👋 

• Haha 1