Fans at opening day? Fans at Opening Day! (confirmed)

Buehrle>Wood

33 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Anybody have any insight into when the tickets might go on sale?

I would imagine it would be when they get the go ahead for some decent capacity. I would think they have more than enough in season tickets or at least extremely close right now to fill a 25 % capacity. 

12 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Anybody have any insight into when the tickets might go on sale?

Nothing will happen until they get confirmation from the city that they'll be able to host fans. Then they'll have to figure out how to work that capacity amount around with the STHs. For spring training, a good portion of teams didn't have tickets available (at an extremely limited amount for non STHs) until a week or so prior to their first scheduled game. I imagine the market would/should be pretty thin for the most part, whenever they're made available. 

they always are so damn vague in these reports. lori is letting 50% gather indoors at bars, but a fully outdoor stadium? cant decide yet. grrr. either way these vaccines are starting to come out and the J&J one is right around the corner. my guess is something like 25% in april, maybe 50% within a month or two after, and maybe even more by late season. 

im interested to see how they handle the season ticket angle and pricing and money. ive got some real nice seats but i'd assume my seats will be moved. aka I'm assuming some lower deck will be in the upper deck to make this work spaced out. shall see. just gotta roll wiht the punches i guess.

If fans are not allowed they should wait a month. Then we will be closer to having normal games with fans. Things will look better in May. The city is not ready to allow fans yet. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrianAnderson said:

they always are so damn vague in these reports. lori is letting 50% gather indoors at bars, but a fully outdoor stadium? cant decide yet. grrr. either way these vaccines are starting to come out and the J&J one is right around the corner. my guess is something like 25% in april, maybe 50% within a month or two after, and maybe even more by late season. 

im interested to see how they handle the season ticket angle and pricing and money. ive got some real nice seats but i'd assume my seats will be moved. aka I'm assuming some lower deck will be in the upper deck to make this work spaced out. shall see. just gotta roll wiht the punches i guess.

Huge difference between 50% in a bar, and 50% in a 40,000 seat stadium. 20,000 vectors from the entire region convening for 3 hours on a daily basis can blow up COVID issues very fast.

Sometime this Summer is a safer bet for an initial roll out of up to 25% capacity.

• Like 3

If the numbers continue to go down and vaccination rates continue to rise, things could look much better in a month.  Things already look much better than they did one, two months ago.  I understand officials not jumping the gun and saying they expect to allow fans by opening day.  It's easier to make a last minute decision to allow fans than to make a last minute decision to rescind the allowance of fans.

I'm not saying there will be fans on opening day.  But, I wouldn't take what they're saying today as gospel.  I do think it's entirely possible for a small amount of fans (10%-15%) in the stands as the season opens.  The good news is that if the vaccination rates continue to rise, and there are indeed enough doses for all adults by the end of May, full or nearly full stadiums are possible by late summer.

58 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

If the numbers continue to go down and vaccination rates continue to rise, things could look much better in a month.  Things already look much better than they did one, two months ago.  I understand officials not jumping the gun and saying they expect to allow fans by opening day.  It's easier to make a last minute decision to allow fans than to make a last minute decision to rescind the allowance of fans.

I'm not saying there will be fans on opening day.  But, I wouldn't take what they're saying today as gospel.  I do think it's entirely possible for a small amount of fans (10%-15%) in the stands as the season opens.  The good news is that if the vaccination rates continue to rise, and there are indeed enough doses for all adults by the end of May, full or nearly full stadiums are possible by late summer.

There are going to be fans on opening day. But they aren't going to say there are going to be fans until there is an agreement in place. The sox also have a bit more leeway since they start season on a 7 game road trip. Biggest issue is going to be training vendors, who are always pretty terrible to start season.

If I was food vendor I would simplify menu to start season, launch the weird stuff in June.

• bmags locked this topic