Jump to content
Buehrle>Wood

Fans at opening day? Fans at Opening Day! (confirmed)

Recommended Posts

I’ll be curious to see if people will need to provide proof of vaccinations (like on an app connected to a CDC database) for people to get in to full capacity sporting events and concerts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I’ll be curious to see if people will need to provide proof of vaccinations (like on an app connected to a CDC database) for people to get in to full capacity sporting events and concerts. 

Would be interesting. The CDC just released a statement saying that fully vaccinated people can gather without masks or social distancing (duh) so if they do end up requiring proof of vaccinations, they shouldn't need a cap on how many fans are allowed to enter, if everyone is vaccinated anyway

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Would be interesting. The CDC just released a statement saying that fully vaccinated people can gather without masks or social distancing (duh) so if they do end up requiring proof of vaccinations, they shouldn't need a cap on how many fans are allowed to enter, if everyone is vaccinated anyway

The guidelines released today could be seen as a gateway to concert/sports venues requiring vaccination proof for admittance.  I'm not sure that would ever happen, but with the CDC saying vaccinated people congregating together do not need to wear masks or social distance, teams could damn near fill a stadium by mid summer with vaccinated fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

The guidelines released today could be seen as a gateway to concert/sports venues requiring vaccination proof for admittance.  I'm not sure that would ever happen, but with the CDC saying vaccinated people congregating together do not need to wear masks or social distance, teams could damn near fill a stadium by mid summer with vaccinated fans.

If you had to show proof you were vaccinated, it would take hours to get in. And there is no way the city or county or state is going to leave it up to minimum wage employees to determine if your info is correct. The capacity will be determined by the number of people vaccinated and the rate of infection.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why? You have to show proof you have a ticket but that doesn’t take hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vulture said:

Why? You have to show proof you have a ticket but that doesn’t take hours

A ticket is one thing, matching up a vaccine card with an ID is another.They can't just scan the code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Would be interesting. The CDC just released a statement saying that fully vaccinated people can gather without masks or social distancing (duh) so if they do end up requiring proof of vaccinations, they shouldn't need a cap on how many fans are allowed to enter, if everyone is vaccinated anyway

That’s strange considering vaccination doesn’t prevent transmission

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vulture said:

That’s strange considering vaccination doesn’t prevent transmission

No one is really sure if it does or not.  But, even if it doesn't, being vaccinated all but prevents severe illness.  So, if everyone in a room (or stadium) is vaccinated, everyone could be a carrier, but no one is going to have to be hospitalized or be at risk for dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

No one is really sure if it does or not.  But, even if it doesn't, being vaccinated all but prevents severe illness.  So, if everyone in a room (or stadium) is vaccinated, everyone could be a carrier, but no one is going to have to be hospitalized or be at risk for dying.

Right but they can transmit it to others when they leave. And it is known that these types of vaccines don’t prevent infection or transmission. It only stops a person from getting sick after they are infected.

Edited by Vulture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Right but they can transmit it to others when they leave. And it is known that these types of vaccines don’t prevent infection or transmission. It only stops a person from getting sick after they are infected.

They very much reduce infection and transmission, your information is from a very narrow reading of what the initial EUAs were filed for but since then there have been millions vaccinated and studies in places like Israel confirming what was already very likely.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-21/pfizer-biontech-shot-stops-covid-s-spread-israeli-study-shows

Note, that topline number will be lower, but if you are vaccinated you are less likely to be infected and are less likely to transmit, but we don't know to what degree yet. But that is a substantial reduction of risk to the point that idea that you couldn't hold a concert because people may spread it outside is much more stringent than a "anyone can go to an indoor restaurant with some space between them" standard which currently exists.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an email from the White Sox. They will have pods of tickets available per homestand. Season ticketholders have priority based on tenure and type of package. He said package. They said capacity will be determined homestand by homestand. Masks will be required. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Brooks Boyer was on the radio broadcast. Over 8,000 tickets for per game to start. Seats will be assigned in 1-6 seat pods. 

Tickets will only be released for sale for the first home stand (7 games).  Future homestands will be released on a staggered basis for now.

General public tickets available if any left after season ticket holders are accommodated.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the guidance of Mayor Lori Lightfoot and the City of Chicago, the White Sox are excited to welcome fans back to Guaranteed Rate Field at 20% capacity to start the 2021 regular season.

In accordance with city and state physical distancing measures, seats will be distributed in pods ranging in size from 1-6. Season Ticket Holders will receive priority access to tickets based on their tenure and ticket package type. Single game tickets for the general public will not be available immediately.

"White Sox baseball has always been about the fans and their connection to our team," said Brooks Boyer, White Sox chief revenue and marketing officer. "While the gameday experience will look different as we all adjust to protocols, we have worked tirelessly to put forth the best and safest way to welcome White Sox fans home to Guaranteed Rate Field. I am thrilled to be able to say today that White Sox baseball will be back in front of our fans at Guaranteed Rate Field!"

Following the guidelines established by city and state public health officials, several new measures will be put in place to ensure the safest gameday experience possible, including:

  • Mandatory masks worn properly by everyone ages two and up
  • No congregating around and throughout the ballpark property
  • Numerous hand sanitizer stations
  • Mobile ticketing for contactless entry
  • Physical distancing
  • Contact tracing for all attendees
  • No bags (except for small clutch purses, medical bags or diaper bags when infant is present)
  • Enhanced cleaning protocols implementing frequent disinfecting using hospital-grade supplies on high-touch areas

These guidelines are subject to change. To stay up to date on how we're Playing It Safe at Guaranteed Rate Field, visit whitesox.com/safety.

If you're interested in becoming a White Sox Season Ticket Holder, please visit whitesox.com/seasontickets. And for the latest updates on ticket availability and information, register for the White Sox 2021 Ticket Availability Alert list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard Kap say on the radio today that his source said they are doing 20% to start the season, but if the first homestand goes well and there isn't some sort of outbreak, 30% will happen for the next homestand. Kap had this story last week actually so he clearly has a good source....so that's a positive as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

With the guidance of Mayor Lori Lightfoot and the City of Chicago, the White Sox are excited to welcome fans back to Guaranteed Rate Field at 20% capacity to start the 2021 regular season.

In accordance with city and state physical distancing measures, seats will be distributed in pods ranging in size from 1-6. Season Ticket Holders will receive priority access to tickets based on their tenure and ticket package type. Single game tickets for the general public will not be available immediately.

"White Sox baseball has always been about the fans and their connection to our team," said Brooks Boyer, White Sox chief revenue and marketing officer. "While the gameday experience will look different as we all adjust to protocols, we have worked tirelessly to put forth the best and safest way to welcome White Sox fans home to Guaranteed Rate Field. I am thrilled to be able to say today that White Sox baseball will be back in front of our fans at Guaranteed Rate Field!"

Following the guidelines established by city and state public health officials, several new measures will be put in place to ensure the safest gameday experience possible, including:

  • Mandatory masks worn properly by everyone ages two and up
  • No congregating around and throughout the ballpark property
  • Numerous hand sanitizer stations
  • Mobile ticketing for contactless entry
  • Physical distancing
  • Contact tracing for all attendees
  • No bags (except for small clutch purses, medical bags or diaper bags when infant is present)
  • Enhanced cleaning protocols implementing frequent disinfecting using hospital-grade supplies on high-touch areas

These guidelines are subject to change. To stay up to date on how we're Playing It Safe at Guaranteed Rate Field, visit whitesox.com/safety.

If you're interested in becoming a White Sox Season Ticket Holder, please visit whitesox.com/seasontickets. And for the latest updates on ticket availability and information, register for the White Sox 2021 Ticket Availability Alert list.

Thanks for posting this DA. Would love to keep seeing the comms they send out if you get any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Heard Kap say on the radio today that his source said they are doing 20% to start the season, but if the first homestand goes well and there isn't some sort of outbreak, 30% will happen for the next homestand. Kap had this story last week actually so he clearly has a good source....so that's a positive as well. 

Makes sense.

20% is low, but if they are contact tracing as it says in DA's email, it makes sense to actually start small there to make sure they have that in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vulture said:

That’s strange considering vaccination doesn’t prevent transmission

Not true. At the very least this is not fully understood and they can't yet say that vaccination doesn't prevent transmission. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

Makes sense.

20% is low, but if they are contact tracing as it says in DA's email, it makes sense to actually start small there to make sure they have that in place.

I believe Kap may have mentioned that both teams wanted 30%, Lightfoot came back with 20%, but that 30% could be worked in pretty quickly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game two at Guaranteed Right Field normally features about 1,200 fans and 27 degrees. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

A ticket is one thing, matching up a vaccine card with an ID is another.They can't just scan the code.

A ticket on an app with a vaccine card tied to the ticket and the CDC database shouldn’t be that hard. 

7 hours ago, Vulture said:

Why? You have to show proof you have a ticket but that doesn’t take hours

Exactly. After what we have gone through over the last year I can’t see why anyone would object, unless they are freedom caucus warriors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Would be interesting. The CDC just released a statement saying that fully vaccinated people can gather without masks or social distancing (duh) so if they do end up requiring proof of vaccinations, they shouldn't need a cap on how many fans are allowed to enter, if everyone is vaccinated anyway

And if someone has a problem with needing a vaccine to get in, that is too damn bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BrianAnderson said:

You have a seller in me then!
who knows where my seats will be in a socially distanced world - but I should be  nearish the 1st base batters circle, about 5 rows up. I’ll sell all day if the market is high & can cut out stubhub fees. 

Let me  know if he bails ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I think now might not be a bad time to temporarily not allow infants, especially since they probably can't wear a mask.  I'm not seeing the reward vs. risk benefit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

To be honest, I think now might not be a bad time to temporarily not allow infants, especially since they probably can't wear a mask.  I'm not seeing the reward vs. risk benefit.

If we are worried about anyone, it should be those over 60/70.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If you had to show proof you were vaccinated, it would take hours to get in. And there is no way the city or county or state is going to leave it up to minimum wage employees to determine if your info is correct. The capacity will be determined by the number of people vaccinated and the rate of infection.

People are burning masks in protest and otherwise throwing fits about wearing a little paper or cloth over their mouth. Asking proof of vaccination will only cause more confrontations. No, I wouldn't want to be one to demand such proof. Don't need the grief from some jerk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×