Fans at opening day? Fans at Opening Day! (confirmed)

Buehrle>Wood

30% at lets say 40,000 = 12,000! I'll take it. I mean, it's kind of like regular April anyways if that happens. Maybe not 2021 april with a good sox team, but a normal April when it's shitty out. 

Does anybody know the season ticket base? That would be my guess too. All season tickets have first right or something. 

I do wonder how they'll navigate seats. If you're all spread out you're likely not going to be in your seat and likely a worse seat - so do you get a partial refund? Like if you have seats even with 1st base and get kicked to the corner pole area? That kind of sucks. 

3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

30% at lets say 40,000 = 12,000! I'll take it. I mean, it's kind of like regular April anyways if that happens. Maybe not 2021 april with a good sox team, but a normal April when it's shitty out. 

Does anybody know the season ticket base? That would be my guess too. All season tickets have first right or something. 

I do wonder how they'll navigate seats. If you're all spread out you're likely not going to be in your seat and likely a worse seat - so do you get a partial refund? Like if you have seats even with 1st base and get kicked to the corner pole area? That kind of sucks. 

Yeah typically they herd people into just a few food options when expecting light attendance, I imagine part of plan will actually be to keep more vendors open to avoid that.

Regarding seats, no idea would love to hear if any season ticket holders have had communication on how they were providing flexibility

15 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

They ain't giving no discounts when they can only sell 30 percent of their tickets.. When I went to the Pacers game, tickets were $200!!!! when they're normally $30.  Buckle up to some expensive ticket, but i am in!

I'd imagine if the 30% gets approved we'll see an increase in cost of tickets sold on third party sites (Seat Geek, StubHub, etc.).  Right now, aside from opening day, tickets aren't terribly expensive on Seat Geek.

Season ticket holders probably have a good opportunity to make some cash this year.

5 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

They ain't giving no discounts when they can only sell 30 percent of their tickets.. When I went to the Pacers game, tickets were $200!!!! when they're normally $30.  Buckle up to some expensive ticket, but i am in!

Was that $200 on the secondary market?

I am part of a season ticket plan in the diamond box - so like 5 rows behind the dugout ... thats why Im concerned. so far i've heard nothing from my partners which to me, means we've heard nothing. I just don't feel like paying a bunch to sit behind the dugout and get kicked out to the outfield or something. 

Scout seats will be odd this year too ... doubt they'll have buffets this season at all, so my guess is it will be more like a restaurant. going to be interesting to navigate things like that and the patio deal -- assume that's shut down for the year too. Though ... at same time Pete's Grocery store has their hot bar open. going to be an interesting year of organized chaos and people get wayyyyy too worked up over a baseball game. Glad I'm not in the position of a vendor or any game day operations. They get the brunt of it all for like $11/ hr. 

50 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Was that $200 on the secondary market?

I am part of a season ticket plan in the diamond box - so like 5 rows behind the dugout ... thats why Im concerned. so far i've heard nothing from my partners which to me, means we've heard nothing. I just don't feel like paying a bunch to sit behind the dugout and get kicked out to the outfield or something. 

Scout seats will be odd this year too ... doubt they'll have buffets this season at all, so my guess is it will be more like a restaurant. going to be interesting to navigate things like that and the patio deal -- assume that's shut down for the year too. Though ... at same time Pete's Grocery store has their hot bar open. going to be an interesting year of organized chaos and people get wayyyyy too worked up over a baseball game. Glad I'm not in the position of a vendor or any game day operations. They get the brunt of it all for like $11/ hr. 

That was just $200 for the worst seats, on the website, stub hub, name it.

19 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

That was just $200 for the worst seats, on the website, stub hub, name it.

But was that directly through Indiana Pacers.com or whatever? stubhub and directly from the source would seem to be different. like are oyou saying hte sox would move their outfield seats from $30 to $100 like it's playoff pricing?

36 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

But was that directly through Indiana Pacers.com or whatever? stubhub and directly from the source would seem to be different. like are oyou saying hte sox would move their outfield seats from $30 to $100 like it's playoff pricing?

That was off stubhub and Pacers site, both in that range.  I would assume there will be large increases.  They gotta make up the room somehow? High high high demand. Low supply.

19 minutes ago, bmags said:

Bruce Levine has been saying sox/Cubs were given go ahead for April , though maybe not opening day.

He said announcement should come this week if not today.

Lightfoot officially announced fans will be present at Opening Day, but did not provide a % capacity. I'm guessing it will be about 25%

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pcq said:

I think the Sox can attract 20% of capacity given their improvement. Sounds like tickets are getting pricey though.

I would think they'll sell those tickets easily even given the possibly suppressed demand.. 

It's 8,122 per game. Probably will start out season ticketholder only for a while. Even a few season ticketholders will be shutout at least a little bit.

As a long time season ticketholder, I can say I have been to a lot of games there were nowhere near 8,122 in attendance.

Edited by Dick Allen

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's 8,122 per game. Probably will start out season ticketholder only for a while. Even a few season ticketholders will be shutout at least a little bit.

As a long time season ticketholder, I can say I have been to a lot of games there were nowhere near 8,122 in attendance.

My guess is that the majority of games will "sell out".  People are anxious to get back to seeing games live.

I can already hear the tick, tick, tick of the ticket prices increasing on third party sites.

16 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

My guess is that the majority of games will "sell out".  People are anxious to get back to seeing games live.

I can already hear the tick, tick, tick of the ticket prices increasing on third party sites.

Yep I agree with this. From what I heard from a few city higher ups it looks like we should see another fan bump in mid may and a super bump in late June. 

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yep, they didn't even announce single-game tickets and when they would be on sale for the public. 

38 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

With COVID numbers continuing to heavily trend downward, we could be in a much better situation by mid April. Even more people will be vaccinated and I would expect a bump in fans by mid May assuming the trend continues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

I will sit in the worst seat in the house for $200.

You have a seller in me then!
who knows where my seats will be in a socially distanced world - but I should be  nearish the 1st base batters circle, about 5 rows up. I’ll sell all day if the market is high & can cut out stubhub fees. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

You have a seller in me then!
who knows where my seats will be in a socially distanced world - but I should be  nearish the 1st base batters circle, about 5 rows up. I’ll sell all day if the market is high & can cut out stubhub fees. 

It is going to be interesting how they spread everyone out. They are going to have to make some financial adjustments to some of the people in your situation. Someone is getting screwed.

• bmags locked this topic