White Sox v Brewers Game Thread 2 CT

bmags

2 hours ago, Rounding_Third said:

Stone talked about how they'll be a lot of pitchers used this year; lots of temp callups.  2 guys that may be part of that, McClure & Kubat both showed some nice stuff.  Can't wait their next appearances.

The issue is 40 man spots. I’d be surprised if Kubat pitches in majors for that reason. Sox 40 man is pretty loaded right now 

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The issue is 40 man spots. I’d be surprised if Kubat pitches in majors for that reason. Sox 40 man is pretty loaded right now 

He spoke of 8 & 9 man rotations this year for all teams.  Said we're not going to see many 200 inning starters due to limited innings last year and Sox will need pitchers with options.  Sox 40 man has 7; 1-4 & Rodon, Lopez, & Flores.  We'll see how the latter 3 perform in ST.  Kopech might get some starts later.  Crochet pen only this year.  Other SP's including McClure & Kobat could improve their rankings and callup pecking order with good showings.  After 1-4, nothing's for certain.

2 hours ago, Drake Is Our Leader said:

honestly, a little raw

pulling for him

Defensively or hitting-wise?

I noticed when I woke up around 4-5 a.m. that he fouled out down the RF line to Avi...still has that predominant H or K arm bar?

Not sure what type of arm bar it was...maybe getting confused with K-shaped economic recovery articles, lol.   Hopefully they start spelling his name correctly, instead of "Berger."

And 2018 Spring Training where he went down with the Achilles' seems like a LOT longer than three years ago, doesn't it?

7 hours ago, Rounding_Third said:

He spoke of 8 & 9 man rotations this year for all teams.  Said we're not going to see many 200 inning starters due to limited innings last year and Sox will need pitchers with options.  Sox 40 man has 7; 1-4 & Rodon, Lopez, & Flores.  We'll see how the latter 3 perform in ST.  Kopech might get some starts later.  Crochet pen only this year.  Other SP's including McClure & Kobat could improve their rankings and callup pecking order with good showings.  After 1-4, nothing's for certain.

They have 6 starters in majors not including Kopech. Add Flores, Lambert, Stiever and McClure. That’s 10