Andrew Vaughn Hype Thread

ron883

Nothing worse than fans pandering for their young stars to be screwed over with service time. It's honestly gross.

Sox fans sure want to destroy player/team relationships. Good thing the Cubs got that extra year of Bryant.

If the Sox are trying to win this year they should not be playing service time games and Sox fans arguing otherwise in a tight division race are hilarious to me.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Down to +2000 now.  You jumped on it at the right time!

I messaged them and asked if they could add Andrew Vaughn.  They then messaged me 10 minutes later thanking me for the recommendation and added him at +3000.  Had to have been a mistake on their end LOL.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nothing worse than fans pandering for their young stars to be screwed over with service time. It's honestly embarrassing.

Sox fans sure want to destroy player/team relationships. Good thing the Cubs got that extra year of Bryant.

If the Sox are trying to win this year they should not be playing service time games and Sox fans arguing otherwise in a tight division race are hilarious to me.

Except that there are legit reasons to keep Vaughn, Kopech and Crochet down.  Not all situations are similar (bryant). 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nothing worse than fans pandering for their young stars to be screwed over with service time. It's honestly gross.

I honestly just don't understand the logic of it.  This team could be bad in 6 years, they could have a new owner in 6 years, I have no idea and nobody else does either.  What I do know is that they're a legit division contender this season who is going to be in a battle all year to win the thing.  Those extra games could absolutely be the difference between making the playoffs and not.  Put your best damn team on the field from day 1 and don't worry about the service time bullshit. 

Edited by Rowand44
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Except that there are legit reasons to keep Vaughn, Kopech and Crochet down.  Not all situations are similar (bryant). 

I'll give you Kopech and Crochet in a year where AAA is starting on time, but now it's not.

If Vaughn doesn't struggle in Spring Training the only reason is the extra year of control.

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

If he is willing to sign...you do it. I can't seem to find who is agent is? Anyone have that and see any reason why he wouldn't be eager to get going. He already has the 7.2 mil draft deal, this would set him up for life. 

He's already set for life if you put things in perspective / spend money wisely. It's about whether or not he'd be set up for his children's lives.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Since AAA is delayed...you can't manipulate time at all, correct?. Looks like AV is the starting DH. You are NOT waiting until mid may/early June and taking the division seriously to play games.  

They would be in a spring training type of thing. So it still could be done. He would just stay in Glendale.

Edited by Dick Allen

31 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I honestly just don't understand the logic of it.  This team could be bad in 6 years, they could have a new owner in 6 years, I have no idea and nobody else does either.  What I do know is that they're a legit division contender this season who is going to be in a battle all year to win the thing.  Those extra games could absolutely be the difference between making the playoffs and not.  Put your best damn team on the field from day 1 and don't worry about the service time bullshit. 

Exactly. 6 years is not a guarantee. And messing around with a season that's projected to be a tight division race could literally destroy one of your few chances to win it all. Im also always going to be pro labor, but even beyond that it would be idiotic to potentially lose a chance at the playoffs getting cute with service time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not sending Vaughn to the alternate site for two weeks is completely irresponsible if you’re running this franchise.  That being said, just extend the kid and make this a moot point.

I agree.  My preference is an extension... but send him back for a few weeks if necessary.  The extension is in everyone's interest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

You may think that the Sox are the cheapest organization in the history of professional sports but they have not played the service time game.  They brought up Kopech when they had zero reason to.

I am not certain how Crochet works with his limited time but if that clock is ticking there is another one.

I think they sign him long term once things normalize....then I think they look at Lynn and Gio.

I would be surprised if the Sox extended Lynn, and frankly, I hope they don't.  Sucks he only has 1 year of control and that is exactly why I didn't like the trade.  Hopefully we get the 19-20 version of Lynn!  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Since AAA is delayed...you can't manipulate time at all, correct?. Looks like AV is the starting DH. You are NOT waiting until mid may/early June and taking the division seriously to play games.  

Except its not mid-may.  Its like April 20th.  We're talking about 15 games.  

The AAA season getting delayed doesn't make it any easier, though.  Ultimately, if Vaughn is on the OD roster, I am not going to be up in arms.  I just think its shortsighted.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Except its not mid-may.  Its like April 20th.  We're talking about 15 games.  

The AAA season getting delayed doesn't make it any easier, though.  Ultimately, if Vaughn is on the OD roster, I am not going to be up in arms.  I just think its shortsighted.  

So, the amount of time we were planning on sitting him?

And what happens if that gets delayed two weeks? 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Huh?  

15 games would be the amount of time you're sitting him in the first place. So now you're adding another two weeks - effectively waiting a whole month.

Now what happens if AAA starting gets delayed another two weeks, do you keep him down or call him up, basically admitting that it was all a sham and giving him a great grievance case?

The Sox brass who approved the Dunning/Lynn deal weighed the value of a long term contribution  by Dunning vs. a one year deal for Lynn.

Presumably, they made that call because going for it this year was a priority.   A decision to have Vaughn on the OD roster would appear to be consistent with that strategy. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

15 games would be the amount of time you're sitting him in the first place. So now you're adding another two weeks - effectively waiting a whole month.

Now what happens if AAA starting gets delayed another two weeks, do you keep him down or call him up, basically admitting that it was all a sham and giving him a great grievance case?

Where am I adding two weeks? If Vaughn spends a grand total of 15 days not on mlb roster (so likely even less than 15 games), the Sox get an additional year of control.  It would be silly not to do it.  The rules are the rules - the Sox didn't make them.

AV has 250 minor league at bats and didn't play last year.  He has absolutely no grounds for a grievance.  Nor does Kopech.  

Straight from MLB:

"Each Major League regular season consists of 187 days (typically 183 days prior to 2018), and each day spent on the active roster or injured list earns a player one day of service time. A player is deemed to have reached "one year" of Major League service upon accruing 172 days in a given year."