Andrew Vaughn Hype Thread

ron883

Moneyball and the emergence of baseball analytics media coverage shifted fan mindset from wanting their favorite team to acquire the best players and team, to wanting their favorite team to tank, screw over players for as long as possible, and delay the arrival of the best prospects, pretending they are GMs paying homage to the actual GMs.

The top government propaganda ministers and consumer marketers in the world couldn’t concoct a better scheme to convert customers to DEMAND and PRAISE a lower quality product, at ever higher prices.

“They give you this, but you pay for that.”

- Neil Young

1 minute ago, Jnooch said:

Am I the only person who is not in favor of LuCroy making the team. Keep Yermin and Collins for 2 weeks to see what we have and demote 

the weaker of the 2 when Vaughn is ready.

Lucroy can also be sent to the minors if it doesn't work with Collins.  I am in favor of that as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Moneyball and the emergence of baseball analytics media coverage shifted fan mindset from wanting their favorite team to acquire the best players and team, to wanting their favorite team to tank, screw over players for as long as possible, and delay the arrival of the best prospects, pretending they are GMs paying homage to the actual GMs.

The top government propaganda ministers and consumer marketers in the world couldn’t concoct a better scheme to convert customers to DEMAND and PRAISE a lower quality product, at ever higher prices.

- Neil Young

Watching 6 years of a player is better than watching 5. And if that player is good that gives you a better product for a whole extra year. Remember when our team tried to be good every year? Cuz I do and it sucked.  By being bad they actually became good and have given us a better product. I know that doesn’t fit with whatever narrative you are trying to push but this is how you get a better product.

• Like 2

I am not advocating keeping Vaughn down as much as I am trying to see what we have in Collins & Mercedes. If one of them can be adequate behind the dish or one of them rakes , it wouldn't hurt to wait on Vaughn. The problem started last year when we signed EE and didnt give either of our catchers any opportunity at all. Im not worried about Vaughns future status. Much more concerned with Giolittos contract status.

15 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Watching 6 years of a player is better than watching 5. And if that player is good that gives you a better product for a whole extra year. Remember when our team tried to be good every year? Cuz I do and it sucked.  By being bad they actually became good and have given us a better product. I know that doesn’t fit with whatever narrative you are trying to push but this is how you get a better product.

For sure.  I think everybody gets that.  

I was pointing out the huge hypocrisy of generally pro labor/little guy/$15hr/workers’ rights/anti-rich people...calling for a service time manipulation screw job of Andrew Vaughn.  

You seriously can’t write this any better.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jnooch said:

Am I the only person who is not in favor of LuCroy making the team. Keep Yermin and Collins for 2 weeks to see what we have and demote 

the weaker of the 2 when Vaughn is ready.

I think it makes a ton of sense.

54 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

You just proved my point. 

Funny, the Dodgers and Yankees don't play these service time games and they seem to be a lot more successful than White Sox. The Padres are "all in" this season. Trying to finally win the AL Central is not "All In".

Fucking over Andrew Vaughn is not going to help the Sox today or tomorrow. Emulate the Dodgers and Yankees, not Seattle and other teams that suck ass in perpetuity.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

- Neil Young

This is a really good point and post. But I think the fans who care about this kind of thing are a minority of the fanbase:  a smaller one than folks like us who post on baseball message boards realize. Moneyball heroics doesn't put butts in seats - to the contrary.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

- Neil Young

I'm a fan of baseball analytics, but they're being used to suppress salaries rather than win baseball games. That's where I draw the line. 

It's not possible for every team to be the A's and Rays, but I'd bet all 30 owners would do it if it meant higher profits. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Why would they have to wait 6 weeks? Madrigal came up not long after the date for him to get an extra year of control without a minor league season.

I'm operating under the assumption that because we do have a minor league season, they won't give MiLB players the same courtesy this year.

Edit: Because if MLB can screw over minor league players, they will.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You just proved my point. 

Funny, the Dodgers and Yankees don't play these service time games and they seem to be a lot more successful than White Sox. The Padres are "all in" this season. Trying to finally win the AL Central is not "All In".

Fucking over Andrew Vaughn is not going to help the Sox today or tomorrow. Emulate the Dodgers and Yankees, not Seattle and other teams that suck ass in perpetuity.

The Dodgers sent down Gavin Lux just last year and were criticized for it. Every team does it because it's smart. 7 years of control is better than 6 years of control. It's pretty much a fact. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He would go to the alternate site for like a week. Has no bearing AAA starting later. 

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Actually, I'm wrong about this. I need to check the rules again. It's weird because Vaughn isn't on the 40 man. 

If it has no bearing, then it's whatever. I just don't trust MLB to not try and pull a fast one and say "Well, we're having a minor league season, so you get service time when you're called up."