ST White Sox @ Giants 3/4 2:05 CT

White Sox lose 3-1 (in 7 innings), dropping the Pale Hose to 0-3 (and 2 ties). La Russia hates losing (even meaningless early Spring Training games). It’ll be interesting to see how long it’ll take before he blows a gasket.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Good news: Expected pitchers on opening day roster have been good

Bad news:  every other pitcher for the most part

Spring Training means nothing....but if these are my only two options...the good news is way more important than the bad news here

12 hours ago, Tony said:

Spring Training means nothing....but if these are my only two options...the good news is way more important than the bad news here

Yup not real concerned about Burr, Sousa Tomshaw, Johnson,Dopico, Guerrero, Lindgren, McRae, Medeiros,Paulino, Sadzeck,Vargas and Wright pitching poorly. The majority of guys expected to make the team haven't even pitched for the most part.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mharkins said:

White Sox lose 3-1 (in 7 innings), dropping the Pale Hose to 0-3 (and 2 ties). La Russia hates losing (even meaningless early Spring Training games). It’ll be interesting to see how long it’ll take before he blows a gasket.

When I was about 10 years old... I learned that our Spring Training record meant absolutely nothing.  Enjoy the games for what they are...a harbinger of Spring.

Season is over. 0 and 162 here we come! Thankfully we have the Russell Wilson news to look forward to. 

LaRussa knows what Spring Training is for. I guarantee you he isn't concerned at all. He's just letting all the NRI's pitch to see if any of them can impress. Pretty much the same thing with the lineup giving Collins, Mercedes and Lucroy pretty equal time along with Adolfo, Rutherford , Gonzalez, Nick Williams, Vaughn, Mendick, Burger and Sheets. This could go on for another week or 2.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

53 minutes ago, Flash said:

Any chance we start the season with 3 catchers? If yes, who among Collins, Lucroy and Mercedes would be the odd man out?

TLR has hinted he only wants 2, but I would guess if we do bring 3 Yermin wouldn't make it. I guess we'll see what happens the rest of March but Gio is already a fan of Lucroy and Collins has been up and meshes well with the team. (Partial bias for loving dancing for dubs)

Edited by DoUEvenShift

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic