Study: White Sox fans drink the most of any fanbase

Chick Mercedes

14 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

There is no place to drink before/after the games. Have to get it all in during.

Marz Brewery is Just over a mile west of the park, very good craft, good food and free pinball and video games makes this a fun place to visit.

Skylark on Halsted near Cermak is a great bar to visit as well, good bourbon whiskey and craft, nice chill atmosphere.

Do miss McCuddy’s and Puffers, Jimbos was meh. Haven’t been to what Puffers became.

15 hours ago, NotHahn said:

Does this count before the game too or just at the game? Cause I don't go in until I'm 4-5 deep. 

Don't forget about afterwards, too.  In 2019, we took the train up to see a game for the first time, and when walking back to the Metra stop I found a "vendor" selling beer for $3 a can.  Picked up a couple for the train ride home.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fernando Tatis Jr said:

The Cardinals Bottom 5 in MLB with Anheuser Busch ties?

Interesting four of the last six California-based teams.   SF, everything is too/so expensive, plus the whole late to arrive, early to leave thing going on.

45 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

This gives Cubs fans some ammo against one of our biggest stereotypes of them.

Half the people at a Cubs game are tourists.  They won't drink much as they think they are on a pilgrimage to a sacred shrine.

So double the number to account for that, and the local Cub fans are right about where you would think they would be.

I miss the days where nobody would have been surprised at this . I remember going to games where if there weren’t  fights by groups of drunk adults, that might have been odd . Good times. But I was a kid then enjoying the chaos. Disco demolition era, even prior. Hating on the Cubs with their school kid crowds chanting “We want a hit!”

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 3:41 PM, Vulture said:

49 bucks for 2.8 drinks at LAA. Yikes

If this is accurate, that’s close to 2.5 billion in alcohol sales alone. The idea that teams that have been soaking their customers for products at something like 1000% above cost minimum, while collecting tv revenues that alone exceed expenses, are broke is laughable.

With their payroll the price might be going up !!

30 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t think this survey is very scientific. One factor is it’s easier to get a beer at a Sox game with smaller crowds, and lines, and a lot more access to vendors. If they were drawing 35k a night, it would be a little tougher to get a lot of beers.

Scientific or not, I tend to believe it, at least from my past experiences.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:54 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

Marz Brewery is Just over a mile west of the park, very good craft, good food and free pinball and video games makes this a fun place to visit.

Skylark on Halsted near Cermak is a great bar to visit as well, good bourbon whiskey and craft, nice chill atmosphere.

Do miss McCuddy’s and Puffers, Jimbos was meh. Haven’t been to what Puffers became.

Don't ruin the Skylark by inviting sports fans. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:16 PM, RagahRagah said:

This gives Cubs fans some ammo against one of our biggest stereotypes of them.

I live in Indiana and used to work in Chicago. Every once in a while, I'd the train back and forth. I could always tell if the Cubs played a day game at home because of the drunken Cub fans on the train. Loud and obnoxious and moronic. When it comes to drunks, Cub fans have no right pointing a finger at anyone unless they are talking about their own IQ.