Cespedes

Chicago White Sox

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 11:59 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright guys, this thread will serve a dual purpose.  First, there are some rumors the Sox are in the mix for Yoenis.  How would you feel about adding him to the OF/DH mix?

Second, Al’s Beefy is pushing the narrative that Yoelqui will move fast and is expected to be the starting RF next year.  Do you guys buy that?

NO NO and NO. we don't want or need him and there are no rumors about that unless they were started on this site. Just like the trading Vaughn and madrigal  rumors that started here that were total bullshit. Can we never talk about old DH's ever again?

On 3/5/2021 at 11:59 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright guys, this thread will serve a dual purpose.  First, there are some rumors the Sox are in the mix for Yoenis.  How would you feel about adding him to the OF/DH mix?

Second, Al’s Beefy is pushing the narrative that Yoelqui will move fast and is expected to be the starting RF next year.  Do you guys buy that?

Then can we please change the title to “Cespedeses” (which is somehow even more satisfying to say)?  Cespedeses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/5/2021 at 11:17 PM, justBLAZE said:

I thoght the Eaton move was pure bridge to a Colas (at the time)/or Yoelkis (now) type of player.  That's how the Sox operate imo.

Yes but I think the bridge might be to Adolfo.   I have this sneaking feeling that he’s ready right now and may even make the team as a reserve.  ASB at the latest.   Break-out candidate #1 in all of baseball for me.  Burger too

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did you say this just to troll SoxSteve ? 😜

The price would be steep, it would have to be an top-notch pitcher in return, but DH is a position of strength right now and I think the Sox need to at least find out how big a bounty they could get for Vaughn.

34 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

The price would be steep, it would have to be an top-notch pitcher in return, but DH is a position of strength right now and I think the Sox need to at least find out how big a bounty they could get for Vaughn.

I read a scout saying Andrew Vaughn was Paul Konerko on steroids. I wouldn't trade him. He is going to be in the middle of the line up for a long time. If the scout is correct, that is a HOF type of guy. I don't think RH wants his legacy to be a guy who traded multiple HOFers before they even got started.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I read a scout saying Andrew Vaughn was Paul Konerko on steroids. I wouldn't trade him. He is going to be in the middle of the line up for a long time. If the scout is correct, that is a HOF type of guy. I don't think RH wants his legacy to be a guy who traded multiple HOFers before they even got started.

Vaughn has always reminded me of Bagwell. Who was a guy that a team regretfully traded. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did you say this just to troll SoxSteve ? 😜

`haha probably did. Everyone has to know trading Vaughn is not going to happen right? I guarantee you the subject has never come up unless someone called Hahn about it. I still predict extension before season starts but time will tell.

20 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

If Yoelqui is slated to move through the minors at such a blistering pace, why isnt he rated that highly on prospect lists?  I've seen like #160ish overall

My guess is because scouts haven't seen him play in a few years.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SoxSteve said:

`haha probably did. Everyone has to know trading Vaughn is not going to happen right? I guarantee you the subject has never come up unless someone called Hahn about it. I still predict extension before season starts but time will tell.

That's a bold prediction. There's really no reason to extend him right now.

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's a bold prediction. There's really no reason to extend him right now.

Same reason they extended Eloy and Robert, they believe he is going to contribute to the team right now and want the financial control with the player through his arb years instead of dealing with the crappy arb process.  Just have to hope that their evaluation is correct

7 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

why?

Who ever got an extension after 1 year in the minors with the highest level being A+ ? He may well turn out to be a great hitter but an extension is guaranteed money. He doesn't play a premium position. At least give him this year to face some MLB pitching and give your evaluations a chance to play out some and make sure he doesn't have a major injury .

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Who ever got an extension after 1 year in the minors with the highest level being A+ ? He may well turn out to be a great hitter but an extension is guaranteed money. He doesn't play a premium position. At least give him this year to face some MLB pitching and give your evaluations a chance to play out some and make sure he doesn't have a major injury .

You forget that last year he batted against mostly more advanced pitchers.. Quit discounting that... It's silly.

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You forget that last year he batted against mostly more advanced pitchers.. Quit discounting that... It's silly.

I didn't forget that and didn't discount it. That's why he'll get to play in MLB this year.Do you think if he hit's .270 BA .350 OBP and .800 OPS an extension will be much more expensive next year vs. doing it now ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside