Coop on 670 The Score at 5:00 PM CT

ron883

https://www.radio.com/670thescore

The notoriously smarmy interview that is Don Cooper will be on Spiegel and Parkins at 5. We really haven't heard anything from him since he was fired. I'm interested in his version of things, if it was amicable, etc. There will probably be no drama, but who knows. Coop usually causes drama when he goes on the radio. 

It’s either going to be explosive or very boring. I tend to think boring. No one with the White Sox has ripped or even questioned Coop in any way since he was let go, so he may not have anyone to go after. Maybe Ozzie. I wonder if Coop will have a couple in him before the interview starts.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

It’s either going to be explosive or very boring. I tend to think boring. No one with the White Sox has ripped or even questioned Coop in any way since he was let go, so he may not have anyone to go after. Maybe Ozzie. I wonder if Coop will have a couple in him before the interview starts.

Logically, there's no real reason for him to go after anyone. He had a long run with the team, and everyone knows that baseball jobs are transitional. I have no interest in listening. Then again, I can't remember the last time I listened to the Score.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Oh god, I think he's drunk. He's dropped a couple "pals" and is getting smarmy. Said nobody in the org cares about him evidently, since they let him go - if I heard him correctly. 

Look at Ray Ray Run = Don Cooper finally confirmed!

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Haha 7

I think it should be pretty clear to everyone that the front office was eager to pull the Cooper plug in hopes of fixing and/or further developing their young pitchers.  I appreciate all Coop did over the years, but it was fucking time for a change and I think we see some quick wins this year due to how out of touch Don was with modern pitching.  Hopefully Cy Lopez will be proof of that!

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm trying to imagine him working with a young stud like Giolito and I just can't.  How did he even interact with these guys?

He didn't that was why the pitchers and eventually the team sought help elsewhere.

He is the epitome of time passing you by.

He was great at one time.

Also it seems nobody is calling him up for assistance with anything.  That should tell you something.

Edited by Harry Chappas
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

He didn't that was why the pitchers and eventually the team sought help elsewhere.

He is the epitome of time passing you by.

He was great at one time.

A lot of what my dad taught me about pitching was from the Don Cooper philosophy, which is now horribly outdated.  Glad the Sox moved on.