Barf Lineup Day - Game Thread

• bmags pinned this topic
22 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I am guessing this is the last weekend of pointless lineups and starting to see some reality next week. thank god. 

pro tip: the only way spring training isn't pointless is from a lawn seat with a beer in hand.  I'm serious.  Just relax and get ready for opening day and hope nobody gets hurt.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

pro tip: the only way spring training isn't pointless is from a lawn seat with a beer in hand.  I'm serious.  Just relax and get ready for opening day and hope nobody gets hurt.

injuries are really the only thing I care about in ST.. And so far.... don't we have 0?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Vaughn, Collins, and Burger providing the offense and Gio with 5Ks and one hit through 3 innings. Sox lead 1-0 on an RBI infield single by Burger scoring Vaughn.

I''m wondering what the plan is for Jake after this little "reward" they are giving him for sticking it out and trying to make a comeback, including playing in that Indy league last year.  I wonder if he will get assigned to Birmingham or if they want him to stick around the complex in AZ for a bit longer and maybe play in some back field games.  Maybe both  if the Minor League season is delayed I guess.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I''m wondering what the plan is for Jake after this little "reward" they are giving him for sticking it out and trying to make a comeback, including playing in that Indy league last year.  I wonder if he will get assigned to Birmingham or if they want him to stick around the complex in AZ for a bit longer and maybe play in some back field games.  Maybe both  if the Minor League season is delayed I guess.

Why is it "reward"  the guy was the #11 pick in the draft and by all accounts proving his worth then blew his Achilles twice worked his ass off and is now healthier than he was before the injury.

Why can't he be the prospect he once was, he is not that old.  It wasn't like he was a lottery ticket from day one that is now looked at to be the savior.

• Like 1