Game Thread - 3/13 Noon PST - LAA v. CWS

hi8is

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I have to imagine with the players we have now, that the only reason Grandal is at #2 today is to get him 3 at bats quicker and out of the game.  He should no longer be ahead of Moncada, Robert or even Eaton for the #2 spot.

Grandal sees a lot of pitches and gets on base a lot. He's exactly the kind of guy you want batting in front of Abreu and Eloy.

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

#2 should be one of your best hitters in your lineup.  I.e. Moncada or Robert 

Grandal was better than both of them last year, and while one or both might be better than him this year, not by a large enough margin to justify moving that plate discipline and OBP out of the 2 hole. Bury Grandal down in the bottom third of the order and most of his walks get wasted. You shouldn't even both signing a guy with Grandal's plate discipline if you aren't going to bat him in front of your best run producers.

37 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Grandal was better than both of them last year, and while one or both might be better than him this year, not by a large enough margin to justify moving that plate discipline and OBP out of the 2 hole. Bury Grandal down in the bottom third of the order and most of his walks get wasted. You shouldn't even both signing a guy with Grandal's plate discipline if you aren't going to bat him in front of your best run producers.

Obviously he was better last year.  Moncada forgot how to baseball and Robert was a rookie.  I'd much rather have a difference maker with some speed up front.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1