Sox Sign Billy Hamilton

Heads22

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Good depth move.  This is the sort of move you can do as a contender, guys like Billy will want to try and give it one last shot on a winner.

I think Billy Hamilton will show up and play baseball right now for any team willing to give him a salary to do that. He was in Cleveland's camp last week.

13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think Billy Hamilton will show up and play baseball right now for any team willing to give him a salary to do that. He was in Cleveland's camp last week.

What's weird is they released him because he wasn't going to make the team. Unless Robert is hurt, he isn't going to make the White Sox. I wonder why he would sign. 

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

There were probably half a dozen or more clubs that wanted to give him a minor league deal.  He chose Chicago.  The money is the same, so I feel pretty confident saying Chicago's chances at a playoff push (where Billy would be  an ideal expanded roster addition) factored into his thinking.

It's a move on the extreme margins but it's one that could pay off.

• Like 1