3/21 | White Sox vs Diamondbacks | 3:10PM CT | Fox Sports Arizona

Tnetennba

If someone gets hurt the Sox can Stil make a trade in season. Yeah it might be a tad more expensive in terms of prospects but you will get a crusty old innings eater without giving up any of the top 5-6 prospects. Just don't give up a 17 yo who hasnt played a game as a lotto ticket:) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eminor3rd said:

Here's the problem: who starts if ANYONE gets hurt?

This is why the offseason was a joke.

I would say most teams have this problem with number 6 and 7 starters. You use your best triple A starters or kopech for the time being until you find a trade partner. Most teams are not 7 deep even the best ones. Send Lopez down and have him work on stuff he still could be a number 5 in the waiting. 

1 hour ago, quickman said:

I would say most teams have this problem with number 6 and 7 starters. You use your best triple A starters or kopech for the time being until you find a trade partner. Most teams are not 7 deep even the best ones. Send Lopez down and have him work on stuff he still could be a number 5 in the waiting. 

You can also use a bullpen day + Lopez for a couple of rotations before making a trade. I am sure a good number of teams have questions on their 5th never mind who is 6 and 7. Sox seem to have 5 pretty solid to start. Hopefully the Chicago weather doesn't affect them early on.  

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic