MLB.com ranks Sox farm system top heavy 16th

caulfield12

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Well I look at things in a different light .  You mention " Fifth in the AL Central " .  That's one negative spin. Would you rather be any of those other " AL Central " teams right now? Or would you rather be the White Sox ? I look forward to when we can be at the bottom two. Number 29 and 30 just like Houston and Washington . Didn't they just recently win the World Series ??

2 hours ago, aFrankSoxFan said:

Well I look at things in a different light .  You mention " Fifth in the AL Central " .  That's one negative spin. Would you rather be any of those other " AL Central " teams right now? Or would you rather be the White Sox ? I look forward to when we can be at the bottom two. Number 29 and 30 just like Houston and Washington . Didn't they just recently win the World Series ??

Well, the best is not to bottom out like the Cubs and Royals did at the end of their runs, or the Giants/Red Sox, etc.

That's proving almost impossible for most organizations outside of the Yankees, Dodgers, Braves and then the small market Rays/A's to sustain.

In the reality, our system should have already peaked.  The finishing touches almost always come from trades and/or free agency.

The real question then becomes how much are we willing to spend, and how much is putting a championship-caliber team on the field to this ownership group?