Pritzker: 60% capacity is close

soxfan18

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

From what I've read, a March uptick in cases was to be expected. *Hopefully*, we will see that the deaths and ICU hospitalizations trends not increase as much as the cases this time around, due to having so many seniors and at-risk individuals vaccinated. I guess we'll see soon enough.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

When are we upping attendance? SD looks to have way more fans and California had some of the strictest guidelines for a long time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/story/2021-04-13/padres-dodgers-petco-park-orange-tier-seating-capacity-concessions%3f_amp=true

It looks like the Padres just upped capacity this week from 20% to 33%. I imagine the Sox would like to follow a similar trajectory, but I'd guess they need to work that out with the state/city. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold

10 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/story/2021-04-13/padres-dodgers-petco-park-orange-tier-seating-capacity-concessions%3f_amp=true

It looks like the Padres just upped capacity this week from 20% to 33%. I imagine the Sox would like to follow a similar trajectory, but I'd guess they need to work that out with the state/city. 

I think the real question is when we will be comfortable eliminating the 6 foot distancing.  I doubt you could go above 10,000 without seating some people closer than that.

20 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

I think the real question is when we will be comfortable eliminating the 6 foot distancing.  I doubt you could go above 10,000 without seating some people closer than that.

Yeah I think that's why (at least in the Padres case) they had the vaccination (or negative test in 72 hrs) sections that allowed up to 67% capacity to help get more people in. It would definitely start to get tricky unless they're allowed to do something like that. 

It's a buncha herd mentality. It's not by chance that almost every single major league team has the exact same requirements while most states have very different data sets, population density, etc. etc. 

In a very American way I bet you see increases right around Memorial Day. I'd guess 40-50% right around then.

Either way, you still can't explain to me with a straight face the reasoning or methodology to all of the seating arrangements. I watch the Boston game and there are sections that are completely open, not a person in them. Centerfield had nobody. But right/center had fans scattered throughout. Tell me how that makes any sense. if you're that concerned  wouldnt you want to spread those 20% out at max distance? 

Texas is averaging 27,000 a game ... the 7 day rolling average in DFW area is lower than it was 21 days ago. It's outside. Not controversial post here, but we can easily fit 20-25,000 fans in at these games utilizing the whole ball park and still be very safe, even to those who are conservative. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

60% vs 80% vs 100% -- what's the fkn difference, how is 60% capacity going to keep people safe? This is yet another example of d-bag politicans over-reaching / controlling and not making the slightest difference to protect people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I can't get fully vaccinated due to an adverse reaction that I had to shot #1 that almost killed me.  You really want to exclude me from the rest of the season for something that is out of my control?

Texas already has 100% capacity with no vaccine passport.  They're doing just fine.  Why would we demand something here that is unnecessary?

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about that with the first shot. Hopefully you are 100% recovered. Part of my comment is in gest, certainly because kids can be vaccinated right now anyway. But theres a compromise to 100% opening with no proof of vaccine and 100% opening but requiring  everyone to be vaccinated. Maybe you say 20-25% can be filled by those without the vaccine and the rest can be filled by vaccinated people? 

Weird example, but dont they have sections at the park where peanuts cant be sold. Basically because some people, even just being around peanut dust, will get a very severe allergic reaction? 

4 hours ago, Green Line said:

I can't get fully vaccinated due to an adverse reaction that I had to shot #1 that almost killed me.  You really want to exclude me from the rest of the season for something that is out of my control?

Texas already has 100% capacity with no vaccine passport.  They're doing just fine.  Why would we demand something here that is unnecessary?

I wish more people would have compassion for those that can't get the vaccine.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Green Line said:

The New York version of their passport allows either vaccination or a verified recent negative test.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I wish more people would have compassion for those that can't get the vaccine.

I thought I read that someone was doing sections of vaccinated people with no social distancing. If you buy tickets in that section then you have to prove vaccination. I think this is a decent compromise. Maybe every other section or something can be full capacity vs social distancing. Therefore still giving good seats and all locations to both parties. Might help increase the capacity under the current guidelines? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...