Pritzker: 60% capacity is close

soxfan18

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/illinois-rapidly-moving-toward-new-bridge-phase-of-covid-reopening-plan-pritzker-says/2468023/

Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Monday that Illinois is moving "rapidly" toward the "Bridge Phase" of the state's reopening plan, on track to potentially move into the new phase within days.

Spectator events (ticketed and seated)

Phase 4:

Indoor venue with capacity < 200 people: Lesser of 50 people or 50% capacity *

Outdoor venue or indoor venue with capacity ≥ 200 people: 25% capacity *

Bridge Phase:

60% capacity

Things are looking up. 

Edited by soxfan18

The jump in capacity limits for both indoor and outdoor "ticketed and seated" events is dramatic.  60% attendance at baseball games would be damn near normal attendance for early season games.

Let's hope once things open up we don't screw it up ad have to go backward.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bmags said:

Good, still funny to me they are treating indoor and outdoor as equal.

It is odd.  If you think about 60% at Guaranteed Rate vs. 60% at the United Center, they don't seem equal as far as how it would feel in either place.  However, from what I read, masks would still be mandated.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Interesting for the thread. 😀

Since a lack of predictable revenues has been presented as one of the main reasons for more conservative financial approach this offseason...and the White Sox hardly draw more than 40-60% other than OD into late May, it should be closer to business as usual.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

It's probably because of the concourse and bathrooms. Those places are essentially indoor and people definitely pack those places. 

No I think the outdoor stuff is fine. but Sox park at 100% capacity you'll have lower risk than like the Vic at 20% capacity. But, whatever I don't really mind, simpler policies are easier.

At restaurants, fully vaccinated people don't count towards the capacity percentage. I wonder if this will be true for stadiums. Although it would be pretty hard to enforce and determine what you would have available. On a personal note, I will have had my 2 shots with a week in before my first game. By the second homestand, I should be a max coverage. That makes me very happy.

34 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

At restaurants, fully vaccinated people don't count towards the capacity percentage. I wonder if this will be true for stadiums. Although it would be pretty hard to enforce and determine what you would have available. On a personal note, I will have had my 2 shots with a week in before my first game. By the second homestand, I should be a max coverage. That makes me very happy.

The wording seems to indicate that fully vaccinated people do not count toward capacity limits for everything, including stadiums, theaters, etc.  Unless places ask for proof of vaccination in order to increase attendance, I'm not sure what the rule change does.  You could, theoretically, fill a theater for a concert or a sports venue if you required proof of vaccination.  I don't see anyone doing that, but you never know.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

The wording seems to indicate that fully vaccinated people do not count toward capacity limits for everything, including stadiums, theaters, etc.  Unless places ask for proof of vaccination in order to increase attendance, I'm not sure what the rule change does.  You could, theoretically, fill a theater for a concert or a sports venue if you required proof of vaccination.  I don't see anyone doing that, but you never know.

I did see some big companies were hoping to help with the immunization verification thing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/big-tech-helps-set-standards-for-covid-19-vaccine-verification-11616151614

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Since a lack of predictable revenues has been presented as one of the main reasons for more conservative financial approach this offseason...and the White Sox hardly draw more than 40-60% other than OD into late May, it should be closer to business as usual.

Not sure that is true.  IT remains to be seen what happens to the casual fan's desire to attend large crowd events.  Hopefully fans return to sporting events/concerts etc but it remains to be seen how long before the casual fans returns especially considering the economy. 

11 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Not sure that is true.  IT remains to be seen what happens to the casual fan's desire to attend large crowd events.  Hopefully fans return to sporting events/concerts etc but it remains to be seen how long before the casual fans returns especially considering the economy. 

Some early tests will be Wrestlemania and a late April UFC, both in Florida.  Wrestlemania is 2 nights at the Tampa NFL stadium, 25k both nights with pods.  Already on sale, not sold out but sold well. 

UFC is full capacity indoors in Jacksonville, so like 14k or so.  Don't believe that's on sale. 

Again, it will be a long process to see how people feel, but those are 2 big ones coming up before end of april. 

Edit:  Obviously the Rangers being at 100% opening day will be interesting.  Any update on sales for that?

Edited by SoxFan562004

18 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Those white sox ticket prices on seat geek right now are no joke...

Edited by ScooterMcGee

3 hours ago, bmags said:

No I think the outdoor stuff is fine. but Sox park at 100% capacity you'll have lower risk than like the Vic at 20% capacity. But, whatever I don't really mind, simpler policies are easier.

This is the part that's often overlooked. There will always be some degree of arbitrariness to broadly applicable public health policies, but the costs associated with making and enforcing policies perfectly tailored to every situation are just not justified.

I can't like, imagine how good it will feel to sit in a seat at the park and hear crowd noise and the crack of the bat again. That is such a distinct, big atmosphere and there is nothing remotely like that feeling for the last year or so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Those white sox ticket prices on seat geek right now are no joke...

I saw where Boston Opening day tickets were $500 for bleacher seats and a minimum of 2 tics.  Parking is probably "your first born"

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/2021/03/17/500-bucks-for-red-sox-tickets-opening-day-2021-fenway-has-covid-zapping-robots/4714974001/

9 hours ago, bmags said:

Install outdoor troughs, problem solved.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-headed-in-the-wrong-way-as-younger-adults-drive-uptick-in-covid-19-cases-health-commissioner-warns/ar-BB1eToqj?ocid=uxbndlbing

“COVID-19 is still here, folks,” Lightfoot said during a Monday news conference. “It is still real. It is still deadly, and unfortunately it’s still sending people to hospital, every single day. … We will step back and have to close back down if we are not diligent.

21 hours ago, bmags said:

I can't like, imagine how good it will feel to sit in a seat at the park and hear crowd noise and the crack of the bat again. That is such a distinct, big atmosphere and there is nothing remotely like that feeling for the last year or so.

Can't wait to smell the grilled onions walking past the hot dog stands.