3/23 - White Sox @ Cubs - 3:05

maxjusttyped

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Eaton is picking it up this week. Hoping he continues the strong contact

I really don't worry about Eaton hitting if he stays healthy.  The staying healthy part is what I worry about 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I really don't worry about Eaton hitting if he stays healthy.  The staying healthy part is what I worry about 

Meh, all he has to do is to provide more than [snicker] 67 WRC+ to outhit The Legend of Nomar Mazara, and his glorious 2020 season. And yes, Eaton does have to remain healthy, and provide positive DRS as well.

That said, I share the concerns others seem to have for Robert. I get that it's "just spring training," but when he and Billy Hamilton are within 5 points of OPS of each other, I get mildly uncomfortable. I would like him to snap out of whatever has stopped his bat from working as it should.  

1 hour ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Meh, all he has to do is to provide more than [snicker] 67 WRC+ to outhit The Legend of Nomar Mazara, and his glorious 2020 season. And yes, Eaton does have to remain healthy, and provide positive DRS as well.

That said, I share the concerns others seem to have for Robert. I get that it's "just spring training," but when he and Billy Hamilton are within 5 points of OPS of each other, I get mildly uncomfortable. I would like him to snap out of whatever has stopped his bat from working as it should.  

I don't think he is making contact like he used to. 

20 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Turns out veteran pitchers often work on shit in spring training and don't care at all about velocity or results until it gets closer to real games, and even then they don't really care until the bright lights are on and the games count.  Go figure.  I really can't emphasize enough how meaningless spring is for 90% of the players.  You might have 2 guys on a 25 man roster that are using spring to "prove something".  The rest are working on something and DGAF about results.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nothing is more annoying than Cubs catchers framing pitches

They do this exaggerated drop the glove to the ground and rip it up catching the ball and it looks outrageous but they are successful with that, Contreras especially has really improved his framing stats. 

y

10 hours ago, fathom said:

That was definitely a “last month of the season” at bat by him.

They seem to have his number.  Optimism would be unadvisable at this point.  Choke up?  Go to right field?  Anything to get the feel back.  Worry about the awesome power later.