White Sox vs A's 3:05 PM

Kyyle23

10 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I think they should put Vaughn in LF and DH Collins to start the season...but I don't think Vaughn has had any reps in the outfield this spring.

Yeah let’s put another top bat that doesn’t know what he’s doing out in left. What could possibly go wrong?

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Yeah let’s put another top bat that doesn’t know what he’s doing out in left. What could possibly go wrong?

You either do that, or trade one.  I'd much rather keep both. Just gotta wait until Abreu's contract is up (2 years)

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

Just now, wegner said:

When should Engel be back?

This. Also Yoenis makes too much sense now not to give a shot. Or dare I say .... Puig.  Reddick?

Leury should be able to hold it down too - just opens spot for Mendick in the IF. Also Billy isn't ideal but okay.

But really Yoenis or a Puig isn't likely to happen, too late in camp to get up to speed I'd think. By the time they were ready to roll at a Major League level I'd think it'd be 3-4 weeks down the line and Eloy would be coming back. 

My personal opinion is Cespedes ... why not. I'd roll the dice and see what happens. Can't be that awful.

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

I hate the Oakland Athletics. More than any other team in baseball. Hate them. With a burning passion.

i don't think the A's had anything to do with this.. it has to do that Eloy is a butcher in the outfield.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Is this an overreaction? It honestly didnt look bad at all?

When you have to hold our pants to keep your arm still and support it, it isn't a good sign. That being said it could have been a minor subluxation and just a couple of weeks. He probably won't be ready for opening day.

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's really hard to believe just how bad Eloy is on defense.  He might be the worst defensive player I've ever seen.  

Maybe not the worst, but definitely the dumbest and clumsiest.

Also I like Vaughn but this is 100 pct why I wanted him traded for Burnes.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

It really isn't that hard not to injure yourself playing baseball but yet Eloy seems to do it an awful lot

Yep he’s getting hurt doing thing besides fielding. Let’s not forget he hurt himself running the bases last year and celebrating a no-hitter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's really hard to believe just how bad Eloy is on defense.  He might be the worst defensive player I've ever seen.  

When your defensive metrics indicate Carlos Lee and Dave Kingman are Gold Glove LFers compared to Eloy, he very well may finish as the worst defensive player with the highest negative dWAR if the stubborn front office continues to stick him out there year after year. Not to mention the lost games at the plate due to his constant injuries.

He got injured jumping up and down after Giolito's no hitter, would likely have gotten injured if he was in Moncada's music video.

I just want to point out, in Eloy's defense, that plenty of very good outfielders get hurt trying to rob homers.  Gold glover Luis Robert broke his wrist doing the exact same thing in spring training.  It's not like Eloy tripped on his own shoelaces and dislocated his shoulder on a Gatorade bucket.  I get we're supposed to hate Eloy for his subpar defense, but blaming him for giving max effort on that play just doesn't seem fair to me.

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

I just want to point out, in Eloy's defense, that plenty of very good outfielders get hurt trying to rob homers.  Gold glover Luis Robert broke his wrist doing the exact same thing in spring training.  It's not like Eloy tripped on his own shoelaces and dislocated his shoulder on a Gatorade bucket.  I get we're supposed to hate Eloy for his subpar defense, but blaming him for giving max effort on that play just doesn't seem fair to me.

He likely hurt it by hanging onto the wall like a bumbling oaf.  

• Thanks 1