White Sox vs A's 3:05 PM

Kyyle23

28 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Was there anything off about his technique with this stretch?

Yep. Him hanging on the fence by his elbow like Vince Carter was problematic. You don't want to fault him for effort and he is clearly trying to prove he can play the field. He just needs to pick and choose his battles better. 

6 minutes ago, Vulture said:

perhaps even more unpopular, trade Abreu. We already got peak production from him. Vaughn and Eloy are the future of the franchise

If we are going off the 2 most valuable to the team for the window, then I'd agree that's Vaughn and Eloy.  But I think we should deal with all 3 for 2 years.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

If we are going off the 2 most valuable to the team for the window, then I'd agree that's Vaughn and Eloy.  But I think we should deal with all 3 for 2 years.

I highly doubt Abreu goes anywhere 2 years from now

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I highly doubt Abreu goes anywhere 2 years from now

Abreu isn't going anywhere. Eloy has more power but Vaughn will probably be the better hitter and an OBP machine while being a 30+ HR hitter himself. 

If the choice is Eloy or Vaughn I'm taking Vaughn. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You act like they don't know he is a DH.. Someone has to play LF.

And you act as though the team couldn’t have brought in an actual left fielder the past three seasons, or not draft yet another DH only type in 2019 to prevent the inevitable, over the past four years.

So they have Vaughn, Eloy, Collins, Abreu, Grandal for at least 50 games and Burger if he’s viable at the ML Level vying for two lineup spots. And little depth anywhere else beyond Garcia and Engel.

More Hahn Brilliance.

6 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Vaughn was the best player available. Blows my mind that people still don’t see he has the highest upside at the plate of any Sox batter

But if Vaughn is buried at DH, and Eloy misses a third of every season for injury and his numbers start dropping because the injuries are building up, then Vaughn's value is diminished considerably.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Vaughn was the best player available. Blows my mind that people still don’t see he has the highest upside at the plate of any Sox batter

Eloy’s upside is .330 with 40 homer potential.  He’s easily our most talented offensive weapon IMO. Especially if the ball isn’t as lively, I don’t see Vaughn hitting more than 30.

Edited by fathom
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Eloy’s upside is .330 with 40 homer potential.  He’s easily our most talented offensive weapon IMO. Especially if the ball isn’t as lovely, I don’t see Vaughn hitting more than 30.

I like my balls to be a little worn with dirt on them. 

39 minutes ago, Vulture said:

perhaps even more unpopular, trade Abreu. We already got peak production from him. Vaughn and Eloy are the future of the franchise

Abreu has no trade value though due to his contract if you look at surplus value so you would basically dump him (you probably get a 45 and a 40 fv but that's nothing). 

You wouldn't want to trade Vaughn either so Eloy has to stay at DH until abreu's contract is over. 

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

Abreu has no trade value though due to his contract if you look at surplus value so you would basically dump him (you probably get a 45 and a 40 fv but that's nothing). 

You wouldn't want to trade Vaughn either so Eloy has to stay at DH until abreu's contract is over. 

Yes, we have to keep Eloy until Abreus contract is over.. Then you have to move on from Abreu (assuming Vaughn is as advertised)

Realistically, Vaughn is the one guy in this lineup who has a chance to post an OBP at/around .400 at their peak. Trading him leaves you filled with a lineup of awesome hitters, but the lack of diversity in skillsets (high strikeout, low walk, lots of power) would concern me against good pitching or in the playoffs.