ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I mean, read the details (deliberately not quoted) and tell me you still want Puig.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/ex-dodger-yasiel-puig-sued-for-sexual-assault-1234607027/

The odd thing about this allegation, is that the incident [if true] is squarely inside the statute of limitations for that sort of incident. It IS curious why the alleged victim has NOT gone to the LA county sheriff's department with this complaint, but rather, is suing for cash instead. I make no suppositions insofar as whether or not this happened. I just wonder why she hasn't sought a criminal complaint on this.

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Puig is sorta...not available. At the very least, MLB probably wouldn't let you play him.

I'd wanted the SOX to look into this in the past. But I'd agree that, absent resolution on this incident, I would not want him signed here, or really, ANYWHERE in MLB.

If this was resolved, then sure: I'd take a flier on him. I wouldn't make a trade for anyone, though. [Again, I make no suppositions as to whether or not this happened, and I believe that anyone who makes such a report should have it investigated thoroughly, with the proper legal outcome(s) as the result.]

Just now, Sleepy Harold said:

Wow. this is much better for the longterm. If he ruptured it they can tack it back down and all is good. A tear in the middle of the muscle could cause long term issues. It sucks but could definitely have been worse longterm

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Runs into Robert a few times, smokes his melon off the wall once or twice, falls into the netting like a doomed trapeze artist...only matter of time until he tore a tit.

Sucks.  Hopefully he'll be healed and ready to contribute at the end of the season.

OK, well... seeing some crazy reactions everywhere

I do not think we should or that we will trade for anything significant (gallo/Bryant). Those are overreactions. Other teams aren't just going to trade them now when the season starts in a week.

We might sign Cespedes (that makes the most sense) or trade for Tauchman. I think one of these things happens.

I'm just going to leave it at that and not berate this organization today. I'ma focus on my fantasy drafts. 

Just now, Two-Gun Pete said:

The odd thing about this allegation, is that the incident [if true] is squarely inside the statute of limitations for that sort of incident. It IS curious why the alleged victim has NOT gone to the LA county sheriff's department with this complaint, but rather, is suing for cash instead. I make no suppositions insofar as whether or not this happened. I just wonder why she hasn't sought a criminal complaint on this.

I'd wanted the SOX to look into this in the past. But I'd agree that, absent resolution on this incident, I would not want him signed here, or really, ANYWHERE in MLB.

If this was resolved, then sure: I'd take a flier on him. I wouldn't make a trade for anyone, though. [Again, I make no suppositions as to whether or not this happened, and I believe that anyone who makes such a report should have it investigated thoroughly, with the proper legal outcome(s) as the result.]

If this person runs a business that caters to LA Area athletes, as implied in the articles, they really,  really don't want their name out there as it will ruin their business. If the LA District Attorney's office gets that name...do you have confidence in them keeping it quiet?