ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Eloy better never see an AB from other than the DH position...EVER

He really wanted to play the field and prove himself. Probably why he tried the robbery. But he should know at this point he is no fielder. It is a tough pride pill to swallow, but it is what it is. 

16 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Vaughn to LF rumor to get leverage in trade talks.

Open to trade talks to get leverage in Vaughn contract talks haha.

(But really, if they were 'close' but not final on a Vaughn extension, this sure gives him a TON more negotiating power)

Even if you put Vaughn in LF, you now have a hole at DH.  Not sure discussing Vaughn playing LF gives Sox any trade talk leverage.  

1 minute ago, GREEDY said:

Why did we give Leury 3.5 million if he isn't the internal answer?  At least the current answer barring a trade? 

Leury's value is being able to sub all over the field, not be a starter in LF. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Even if you put Vaughn in LF, you now have a hole at DH.  Not sure discussing Vaughn playing LF gives Sox any trade talk leverage.  

Vaughn isn't getting traded. That has to stop. It's not opinion at this point, not with the article USAToday did on Vaughn with quotes from Kenny through the entire piece. 

DH is much easier to fill than LF. Hell, put Yermin at DH for a few weeks, see what happens. The issue is having Collins/Yermin split it or something just gives you very little roster flexibility, but this was never going to be ideal. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'm guessing Grandal will get more DH bats, especially early.  Lucroy and Collins should both make the team now. 

13 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I live in NYC. I watch the Mets.  Cespedes has lost all bat speed.  Gets beat on the fastball.  Think Encarnacion with a broken leg.  That’s why he’s available.

It's the week before the season, there aren't exactly all-stars you can pick off the shelf. 

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not one person has brought up Nick Williams. He has quietly had a nice spring and has been playing LF.

I agree with you...no reason to not give Williams an opportunity at this point.

I’m not crazy about Vaughn in left but all the scouting reports on Vaughn say that although he’s slow he has good agility and body control, so maybe it’s not the worst idea. Of course that was related to play at first, but maybe he won’t kill himself out there

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Vaughn isn't getting traded. That has to stop. It's not opinion at this point, not with the article USAToday did on Vaughn with quotes from Kenny through the entire piece. 

DH is much easier to fill than LF. Hell, put Yermin at DH for a few weeks, see what happens. The issue is having Collins/Yermin split it or something just gives you very little roster flexibility, but this was never going to be ideal. 

Yep the leverage I mentioned was in trading for a LF by saying you have options