ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

19 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if this has been said but....

Asking a player to learn a new position less than a week before he's to make his MLB debut is absolutely insane IMO.

Agree 100%

This is not something a legit world series contender is doing. The Sox have absolutely no depth and that is already being exposed well before opening day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was wrong about playing Eloy. He was dumber than I ever thought even though  he was still my favorite player.

This kills the Sox for this year and complicates the DH spot moving forward. 

For me, this just destroyed my excitement for this season . I have waited too see a powerful Sox line-up like we had on paper since the '77 season

Fuck the World.  This Sox and Eloy fan's heart is  broken.

Cub fans rejoice. Fuck them too.

• Like 3

I'm fine just rolling with Vaughn in LF. Yeah the intricacies of LF may be lost on him, but he won't be asked to do too much. He needs to embrace that just like Eloy should have. Having Robert in CF makes up for that liability and just be ready for the Vaughn learning experience. 

Collins / Yermin at DH and I'm happy. Let's roll.

This needs to be final lesson for Eloy. You actually want to win the MVP? Stay on the field and hit 50 fucking home runs dude. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

The second Vaughn proves to me he's a dumbass fielder, I'll bring the pitchfork back out and demand his replacement. Until then...Vaughn, meet grass and wall. Do not touch wall. Wall is bad. Also do not touch Robert. 

In fact, we're going to draw a circle. You stay in circle. You go outside of circle, bad things happen. You might die. Inside circle=good. Outside circle=Bad.

He should be excited to be given an on-field position. I wouldn’t expect him to say as much, but before today he was sitting as the DH with the possibility of being sent down. No one expects him to make up for Eloy’s absence, but if he is anything above the worst defensive OF in MLB it will be an Improvement

6 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Any expiring veteran bjg contracts we can take for nothing to fill the void? What a kick in the nuts.

As I said before. The silver lining is Eloy only brings the bat and misses time due to injury anyway. His bat will be missed but if we can DH someone that can give us 60 percent of his production we will be good if others play to their capabilities. Hell, we would have won 90 games last year with EE at DH and at bats going to scrubs. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

5 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

there's zero chance that Vaughn is the opening day LF, I would bet money on that.  ppl are not grasping how insane of an ask that would be of him tbh

Um, I think it's you not really grasping things. 

• Like 2

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Tony LaRussa saying it will happen doesn't mean it's anything other than insane. 

It's two different things, Eeyore. 

It being insane is one thing. It not happening is another issue completely. 

• Like 1