ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

I didn't see this posted but I would think a torn pec ligament would be a pretty open and closed case, wonder what would lead to getting a second opinion. 

I gotta go track him down and lift his spirits.

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

I didn't see this posted but I would think a torn pec ligament would be a pretty open and closed case, wonder what would lead to getting a second opinion. 

Clearly, Eloy is banking on the fact that there was a smudge on the screen.

On 3/27/2021 at 11:26 AM, caulfield12 said:

Robert has to be the threat he was the last week and into the playoffs again... 

This is true - if robert is the non-existent bad he was when he was in his funk this next year - than the Sox have some issues.  If Robert can be the guy many think he can be - than losing Eloy hurts, but this club has the depth to overcome. 

5 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Imagine Eloy making an impossible surprise return on Memorial Day Weekend, complete with Cena entrance theme music and the crowd shouting "APPLE JUICE!" or whatever.

I would be a proponent of him using Thugonomics for the rest of the season

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, napa_soxfan said:

Hearing he sought a second opinion; only out 3 months possibly? 

That would be a good time frame for getting back to activities but I think its pretty aggressive for a return to the MLB.

23 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That would be a good time frame for getting back to activities but I think its pretty aggressive for a return to the MLB.

the only way this new time table makes sense is if the original diagnosis was wrong right?

5 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

the only way this new time table makes sense is if the original diagnosis was wrong right?

I would think so. It's a very aggressive timeline having to reattach a muscle.

It's always possible that there was so much edema in the area that they didn't get good imaging and now that it has gone down they got better pictures.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Yeah I mean are we really believing anything this Hector Gomez guy says at this point? I’ll be happy if we can get Eloy back by late August to get AB’s in before the playoffs..assuming the Sox make it 

At least with this news, no one is benefitting from it. You could argue his Nelson Cruz info was to help his buddy Nelson Cruz get more money. Same for Ozuna. This scoop doesn't make anyone more money. If anything, it hurts the chances of a FA getting signed to fill the hole. But ultimately the Sox will know way more about his actual timeframe than anything that could possibly be speculated in the media.