ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

33 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He posted multiple times in the game thread. 

Sorry, since every game starts at 3 a.m. here in China with the recent time change in US, a bit difficult to follow.  If you have a wife or g/f, you can probably imagine her incredulous reaction to being awakened by a glowing iPad in the middle of the morning on a work day for a mere spring training game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the clumsiest professional athletes you will ever see.  Again internal Chicago scouting appears lacking.  He's not a LF.  If he is a LF, you give him VERY SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS on what and what not to do out there.  I've said it many times he doesn't hit nearly well enough to get away with being -10 runs in LF.  He certainly doesn't help his cause doing dumbass shit like trying to rob a homer in spring training while simultainely quitting on plays into the netting when the games count.  

Just get him anchored to a spot in LF or make him a DH. It's going to ruin his career if they don't.  Who is running the show here?  This is something you'd expect to get straightened out if it's go time and TLR is the manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

One of the clumsiest professional athletes you will ever see.  Again internal Chicago scouting appears lacking.  He's not a LF.  If he is a LF, you give him VERY SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS on what and what not to do out there.  I've said it many times he doesn't hit nearly well enough to get away with being -10 runs in LF.  He certainly doesn't help his cause doing dumbass shit like trying to rob a homer in spring training while simultainely quitting on plays into the netting when the games count.  

Just get him anchored to a spot in LF or make him a DH. It's going to ruin his career if they don't.  Who is running the show here?  This is something you'd expect to get straightened out if it's go time and TLR is the manager.

Well, we certainly excel at position changes.

Let's see, there's Josh Fields, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon Beckham, Marcus Semien, Mark Teahen, etc.

And he had those two plays last year where he jumped or fell into the netting in a pretty short time span.   He clearly didn't learn much from the first experience.

Then you have the running joke of Robert taking every ball but to the extreme LH 15% of left-field.  Thankfully, those two franchise players together at their size running together hasn't happened YET, but the results of a full-speed collision wouldn't be pretty.

• Thanks 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Let's see, there's Josh Fields, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon Beckham, Marcus Semien, Mark Teahen, etc.

And he had those two plays last year where he jumped or fell into the netting in a pretty short time span.   He clearly didn't learn much from the first experience.

Then you have the running joke of Robert taking every ball but to the extreme LH 15% of left-field.  Thankfully, those two franchise players together at their size running together hasn't happened YET, but the results of a full-speed collision wouldn't be pretty.

I agree with every word.  You even stayed on topic throughout!  You've got more focus than Eloy.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sorry, since every game starts at 3 a.m. here in China with the recent time change in US, a bit difficult to follow.  If you have a wife or g/f, you can probably imagine her incredulous reaction to being awakened by a glowing iPad in the middle of the morning on a work day for a mere spring training game. 

No worries was just letting ya know where you can see what he/she said!

Obviously Eloy needs to pull up on those balls and play them off the wall.   That sounds easy but it has been hard for the big man to slow down once he gets going.  

If he can't play LF  and has to replace Vaughn at DH, our lineup gets a lot less intimidating for opponents and exciting for fans.

51 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

no news since it happened is probably bad right

Ehhhh, who knows. Sox said right away no updates until tomorrow. Lynn did say that Eloy was in good spirits and seemed to insinuate he’s ok. 

I think it could go either way. I watched the highlight many times and it does look like his shoulder popped out as he wrapped his arm around the fence as he came down. But it’s hard to tell. Eloy also seems a bit soft so I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a couple day thing and he’s fine. Also wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a longer term injury. But hoping for good news and Eloy is needed. 

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Disappointed you totally missed the chance to name drop Toby Hall.  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Or, there's the connecting thread that all those guys sucked out loud at baseball, and couldn't play dead, except for Semien. I think my calling KW/RH "fooking stoopid" for trading Semien and a pile of other stuff for jeff fooking samardzjia (sp?) got me banned from WSI for awhile. [Those imbeciles at WSI were still all sacchariney-sweet on "In Kenny We Trust" back then.]

But, to your point, yes, this org has sucked a horse's ass at teaching players how to defend. I think that's cogent in terms of discussing Jimenez's future position, if this org can't get better at helping him get better at defense.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Don’t look at Al’s latest post then

For those not interested in looking he said an unreliable person who he’s never heard from before claimed Eloy out 3 months with 9 months being a worst case.

I’m not buying it.