ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

2-4 weeks if it was just a subluxation and none of the primary passive stabilizers (ligaments, labrum) were significantly injured.

Worst case surgery and 9 months.

If its a labrum tear does that mean going forward his power output would be more limited? 

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

This is still a top 5 AL offense without Eloy I believe. We should still make the playoffs with a good offense, great bullpen and good 1-3 SP (quentionable back end).

I’m not commenting on this until I see the extent of the injury, but we’re in big trouble if we lose Eloy for a long period of time.  He’s arguably our best hitter heading into 2021 and we have shit depth behind him in the OF.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Not really, if it is something major, it was just a matter of time with him out there. He was lucky enough to escape major injuries at least five times before.

yep

this isn't a case of a bad defensive player

this is a case of a dumb dumb being a headass

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not commenting on this until I see the extent of the injury, but we’re in big trouble if we lose Eloy for a long period of time.  He’s arguably our best hitter heading into 2021 and we have shit depth behind him in the OF.

How many times this offseason did we say we’re an injury away from having too many slappy hitters in the lineup.  Welp.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely brutal. No other way around it. Losing Eloy for significant time just kills this entire lineup. 

And on top of it, the way this team is built, there is no spot for him at DH. I honestly don't know what they do here. 

Just now, Tony said:

Absolutely brutal. No other way around it. Losing Eloy for significant time just kills this entire lineup. 

And on top of it, the way this team is built, there is no spot for him at DH. I honestly don't know what they do here. 

Yep, this sucks. You can’t put him back out there ever again.  

2 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Should we applause Eloy for trying to rob someone of a homer or villanize him for trying something like this on a meaningless game?

He shouldn’t be trying to steal homers unless it’s the playoffs, let alone in a meaningless spring training game.  I get his desire to get better, but it’s really dumb & unfortunate that he felt compelled to do this and it’s going to cost the team as a result.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

He just needs to play a safe LF.  Literally stay away from walls & fences and don’t dive.  He should be able to survive two years doing that, but it requires our management telling him to do that and Eloy buying into it.

He just needs to play a safe LF.  Literally stay away from walls & fences and don’t dive.  He should be able to survive two years doing that, but it requires our management telling him to do that and Eloy buying into it.

But that’s just not realistic. So pitchers are going to be fine when he lets fly balls near the fence just drop because they tell him not to go after?

I agree, if he hits the warning track, just stop dead in your tracks. Same for the foul line. Aside from that, I don't know what else they can do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He shouldn’t be trying to steal homers unless it’s the playoffs, let alone in a meaningless spring training game.  I get his desire to get better, but it’s really dumb & unfortunate that he felt compelled to do this and it’s going to cost the team as a result.

This is where that grindy, balls to the wall "Play the game right" mentality comes back to bite you in the ass. It's one hit or one run in an insignificant game dude... don't run into a wall or dive into the stands and risk being out for a significant amount of time.

• Like 1

Just now, Tony said:

I agree, if he hits the warning track, just stop dead in your tracks. Same for the foul line. Aside from that, I don't know what else they can do. 

But like I said, that’s ridiculous to have to tell him that.  Knowing him, he’d get hit in the face when the ball bounces off the wall.