3/25 | White Sox vs Reds | 3:05PM CT | whitesox.com

Tnetennba

Just now, Vulture said:

There hasn’t been five seasons since 2016😆

I know it’s a bold prediction but that’s my call

I would actually be happy for him...as long as Rodon puts up a 4 WAR as well.  i strongly rooted for Sox to bring in Q...though clearly I should have spent more time doing math.  

28 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I love Quintana too...and I would have been happy with a him as the fifth starter...but at the moment I'd take Rodon.  I like your bold prediction of a 4 WAR but he's put up 5 WAR total in the last five years and it's been since 2016 since he's been great.    

I count 14.2 in the last 5 seasons. 
https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jose-quintana/11423/stats?position=P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vulture said:

Curse words lose their impact when you use them in every sentence of every post. Then it just becomes cloying

Hey, thanks for sharing. Sorry your sensibilities got hurted.

1 hour ago, Vulture said:

Quintana’s going to have a big year. He looked filthy in his limited action last year and he looks the same this spring. I’m calling 4 WAR right now provided he stays healthy

I don't think this too outrageous, actually, given what Balta's posted here. It's probably around the 90th percentile of likely outcomes, but its certainly possible for him.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Well, take out the injury-shortened/COVID-impacted 2020, and I'm counting 13.9 fWAR from 2016-19. In other words, an average of 3.475 fWAR over that timeframe.

If Quintana can match this, he's the steal of the offseason at $8MM/1year. Hell, if he only provides HALF of that [1.74 fWAR], he's easily worth $8MM.

But yeah, Hendriks instead. Plus Cease/Lopez/Rodon.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

The doom and gloom on Cease is impressive.   Working on his mechanics this spring

IP    H    ER  SO

Cease       11.2   7    1    11

Every other fan base would be so excited by their 25 year old starter hitting 99 on the gun....and looks to be our 5th starter.  We continue to scour the silver lining trying to find the cloud.    

Would other fan bases also get the chance to drink in his awesome BB/9, as well? He's got talent, but he hasn't lived up to it, just yet.

18 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Hey, thanks for sharing. Sorry your sensibilities got hurted

My sensibilities are fine. I just like to clue in people who consistently act like a douche bag, just in case they weren’t aware

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Vulture said:

My sensibilities are fine. I just like to clue in people who consistently act like a douche bag, just in case they weren’t aware

Good to hear you're OK. 

And, there's really nothing more charming than someone being the sole arbiter of taste, and the thought police. 

Carry on, then.