3/26 | White Sox vs Brewers | 3:10PM CT | FS Wisconsin

Tnetennba

14 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’ll be very disappointed if Vaughn isn’t wearing 99 today.

He won’t wear his new number until OD. I’m on Team #25. I’ll probably lose this battle, but 99 is trash for baseball. So is 88 and 84.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Calling a jersey number “trash” is absurd.

I’m a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms. As more numbers get retired, the numbers will naturally go up, but numbers in the 80s and 90s are for minor leaguers in spring training.
If I could change Robert to 44 and Cease to 48, I’d do it in a second. 

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’m a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms. As more numbers get retired, the numbers will naturally go up, but numbers in the 80s and 90s are for minor leaguers in spring training.

Does it really bother you that badly?

32 minutes ago, flavum said:

Traditionalist you say?

Yr3OYvO.jpeg

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

There's been a lot of doom and gloom in here so I don't want to add to the pessimism, but this not only exposes another DH/non-outfielder to greater injury risk, but you're also explicitly asking Robert to cover more ground and expose him to more risk.

It's like if you have a sore foot so you start shifting your weight and favoring the leg for too long, you're going to tweak something somewhere else. Just nervous that Robert is going to feel more pressure to get to more balls and he's going to get hurt too.

Backing off the ledge now, I know they're athletes and we can't just wrap everyone in bubble wrap. 

2 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

There's been a lot of doom and gloom in here so I don't want to add to the pessimism, but this not only exposes another DH/non-outfielder to greater injury risk, but you're also explicitly asking Robert to cover more ground and expose him to more risk.

It's like if you have a sore foot so you start shifting your weight and favoring the leg for too long, you're going to tweak something somewhere else. Just nervous that Robert is going to feel more pressure to get to more balls and he's going to get hurt too.

Backing off the ledge now, I know they're athletes and we can't just wrap everyone in bubble wrap. 

Robert has to cover the same ground he would have with Eloy there.

12 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

serious or not?

Yes. It was filmed a mile from my apartment. We all went to county stadium to be in the movie. I was in another part too. When corbin bernsen was going into the hotel, cheating on his wife. i'm in the crowd.

7 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Robert has to cover the same ground he would have with Eloy there.

Yes and no. Eloy has been trying to get better in the outfield and part of that is just Robert letting him catch balls instead of robbing everything.

It sounds like the plan with Vaughn is actively "everything to your left is Robert's", though maybe that's meant to be tongue in cheek.