3/26 | White Sox vs Brewers | 3:10PM CT | FS Wisconsin

Tnetennba

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Nobody is freaking out. It’s a fact that he currently looks like he did for most of the month of September last year. 

A fact ? You know stats wise the only players with more hits are Anderson and vaugh ? And Collins leads everyone in home runs. He also has the most stolen bases. 

3 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Exactly he’s literally stats wise having as good of a spring as anyone other than Collins who leads in hr. Strikeouts is pretty much the same across the board.

He’s 2 for last 22 with ten strikeouts.  Of course it’s small sample size, but they haven’t been competitive at bats.  No one is saying he’s awful, but he does need to make some improvements from last year for this team to excel this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s 2 for last 22 with ten strikeouts.  Of course it’s small sample size, but they haven’t been competitive at bats.  No one is saying he’s awful, but he does need to make some improvements from last year for this team to excel this season.

I’m just saying stats wise. A lot of our guys have looked terrible and have long stretches this spring or non competitive at bats. There just tends to be a lot of kenwo type opinions. I think if we’re concerned about that we mighty as well be concerned about way more.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Baseball is such an interesting sport that way...for a month you won't be able to get a guy out and then for a month he won't be able to buy a hit.   The great thing about this White Sox team is they have a roster of guys that can carry the team.   One month it will be Robert, Anderson and Abreu and then it will be Vaughn, Moncada and Collins as long as we have three guys always hot and Madrigal, Grandal and Eaton just getting on base...we'll score a lot of runs...and with this pitching staff...we should win a lot of games.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

It’s less about average and more that his at bats are of the same quality we saw for more than a month last year where he was arguably the worst hitter in the majors.

This.

Robert doesn’t need to get into shape physically beyond getting timing down like every hitter. He needs to get mentally prepared for each at bat, and the grind of a full season (2019 (122) the only season above 56 games played).

I’ve seen a lot of wasted at bats this Spring, swinging at a lot of garbage pitches, poor at bats. He needs to be hungrier and more focused, take advantage of the limited ST at bats to start the season right.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Baseball is such an interesting sport that way...for a month you won't be able to get a guy out and then for a month he won't be able to buy a hit.   The great thing about this White Sox team is they have a roster of guys that can carry the team.   One month it will be Robert, Anderson and Abreu and then it will be Vaughn, Moncada and Collins as long as we have three guys always hot and Madrigal, Grandal and Eaton just getting on base...we'll score a lot of runs...and with this pitching staff...we should win a lot of games.     

Thinking about this got me curious and I just looked at Frank Thomas's career split OPS by month...

Apr: .917

May: .998

June: 1.016

July .978

August: .965

Sept: .965

Oh Frank how we miss you.  

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The goal of spring training for a position player with a lineup spot locked in is to leave spring healthy; literally nothing else matters. "Locking in" for spring training at bats is completely worthless.

I agree with that.  

6 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I agree that Robert needs more discipline and concentration at the plate. I think he fell in love with hitting the long HR's and the attention that creates but what he really needs to do is just concentrate on getting on base every at bat. 

It’s just so Sox fandom to complain about a player but not show up when he finally has a good at bat lol

2 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

It’s just so Sox fandom to complain about a player but not show up when he finally has a good at bat lol

It was a great AB, that’s what we meant when we said we wanted to see some better ABs. Is that easier for you to understand or is everything black and white for you?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

It was a great AB, that’s what we meant when we said we wanted to see some better ABs. Is that easier for you to understand or is everything black and white for you?

I mean if you  rag on the guy that much you might as well come out the other way when he does something good. You aren’t slow to bring criticism 

1 minute ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I mean if you  rag on the guy that much you might as well come out the other way when he does something good. You aren’t slow to bring criticism 

Rag on the guy? lol saying he was having some ugly ABs now makes me a Luis Robert hater. 

• Like 1